God-tier iPad Pro tips (hardware accessories and software for gaming and productivity)

josencarnacao

Hi hi hi hi hi.

After waiting 39 days to get an iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB/5G I'm getting it next friday.

Been looking in this forum for tips and suggestions on Accessories and Software to buy/install since I'm a 0-day Apple products user, and everything is scattered all over the place.

If power-users wouldn't mind, let's make this topic be the One on all iPad Pro tips.

My main goal with this new device is going mobile and yet being able to play PubG Mobile, Vector Drawing, 3D rendering for 3D printing projects, Offline mindmapping and blogging, Augmented Reality stuff (learning; noob level) and Software automation (RIPing contents, monitoring websites, website management).

But if you know cool stuff, like hacks to make it do stuff Apple didn't want it to, please share.

Thanks a bunch

Take care, and take care of somebody else.
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992

</>

get a authorized apple pen instead of a knock off
trust me
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

Also, you can connect headphones a keyboard and a mouse to it. For example, you connect headphones to the headphone jack, keyboard to the 3 little dots on the bottom of the ipad (you know how there are keyboards in ipad cases), and using a singular lightning to usb cable adapter, you can connect a mouse as well.
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

5 hours ago, josencarnacao said:

Hi hi hi hi hi.

After waiting 39 days to get an iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB/5G I'm getting it next friday.

Been looking in this forum for tips and suggestions on Accessories and Software to buy/install since I'm a 0-day Apple products user, and everything is scattered all over the place.

If power-users wouldn't mind, let's make this topic be the One on all iPad Pro tips.

My main goal with this new device is going mobile and yet being able to play PubG Mobile, Vector Drawing, 3D rendering for 3D printing projects, Offline mindmapping and blogging, Augmented Reality stuff (learning; noob level) and Software automation (RIPing contents, monitoring websites, website management).

But if you know cool stuff, like hacks to make it do stuff Apple didn't want it to, please share.

Thanks a bunch

If you don't already have it, snag the Magic Keyboard. Still the gold standard for iPad keyboards and probably the most logical if you intend to routinely switch between tablet-only and laptop-style uses, since you can quickly pry it off the base.

iPad Magic Kb if convenience is above everything else. However, if you are kb/typing snob - you might look somewhere else for a BT/USB one.

Obsidian - a note-taking app if you like linking notes together (wiki style, mind map etc) available on every major platform, uses markdown.

Don’t cheap out on accessories/dongles.

Wired headphones - Apple USB-C to 3.5mm

For 3D printing the best app I’ve found it Sharpr 3D. There’s a free version to try it out for yourself or 29 a month for the full version. Requires an Apple Pencil though which I recommend you get anyway. Issue is your slicing software because there’s nothing really on the iPad for that.