Thoughts on Displate?

CPotter

Hey!

We used to promote Displate quite heavily across all of our channels (Here's a link to some of our art), but paused the partnership due to numerous issues surrounding how they were dealing with copyright infringement on the platform. They've since implemented the following tools:

- Automated flagging/rejection of copyrighted designs
- Portfolio's must be approved in order for Displate artists to set up a shop
- Dedicated team who reviews uploads to flag/remove copyrighted material
- They offer an option to report copyrighted art for removal
- Past content is reviewed and removed if it doesn't meet their guidelines

Does everyone here think this is enough for us to resume this partnership? Let us know. 🙂 

those are definitely all the right protections for IP owners, seems like a good change and I'd be happy to see that over the upcoming NFT hosting companies I've seen on other channels.

(assuming the change has been implemented as they say, we've heard the same from social media advertisers)

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

I agree with @GhostRoadieBL as long it's something LTT is willing to call them out or drop if they go back to their old ways and won't correct it. Progress is good as long as it's not a matter of repairing reputation and then going back to how it was.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I once wanted to buy something off Displate, but reverse image searched the actual art. and constantly came across artists that were different than the accounts on displate listed.

I compiled a sheet of a bunch uploaded by 'Hoang Do' which are clearly ripped from other places.

But contacting Displate, they won't delete anything unless the original artists reaches out... but that's impossible with some of these, cause the original artists deleted their account on the original site it was posted.

There was even a situation of an artist ON DISPLATE that got her art reuploaded by this 'Hoang Do' guy... like... displate... I get that you can't be bothered to reverse image search art submissions (which, I find stupid btw), but they don't even cross reference with their OWN art database.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f2PcI_EsWjgVUQLj65FBxliXBaN6cI_vaec-bO7Cbjs/edit?usp=sharing

i've reached out to many of the original artists but many don't return my emails... So continue to stay up unfortunately

EDIT: might be useful to mention when I did this spreadsheet work and reach out to creators: Dec 2021