Bypass Charging feature outside of asus rog phones

ClassicNoob

Can the bypass charging feature be added to other phones or does it need specific hardware?

I imagine it needs specific hardware + has to be enabled by the OEM, given it was enabled on ROG phones themselves by a firmware update from ASUS. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

13 minutes ago, ClassicNoob said:

Can the bypass charging feature be added to other phones or does it need specific hardware?

what di you mean with "bypass charging"? That if it is plugged in, it'll just run off wall power and not charge the battery? Samsung kinda has that with their battery saving mode. IT limits the max charging capacity to 85% and if you keep it plugged in, it's just gonna run on wall power until you unplug it

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

So I have a redmi note 4 rooted with magisk and I have a module installed call Advanced Charge Controller and it has a function called battery idle mode which is what I want.  I was unaware of what that option did before, even though I have been using the module for quite a long time.

But it need the kernel to support it and mine don't and I tried installing a different kernel but to no effect.  I don't know how to find the right kernel if there are any.

I got my info from an xda forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/battery-idle-mode-bypass-charging.4168395/

its does just what DreamCat figured.