What are the requirements for achievements in the forum?

crakddx
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

The ranks are earned when you obtain a certain number of points required for each rank. Points are obtained by posting on the forum.

My issue is more of a question. I can't figure out how to get the achievemnts in this forum. For example, how am I supposed to get the collaborator achievement? I think providing a description of the requirements would be good.
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

The ranks are earned when you obtain a certain number of points required for each rank. Points are obtained by posting on the forum.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Is there nany way we can tell how many points we need and how many we currently have?
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

1 minute ago, Mr-G-Man said:

Is there nany way we can tell how many points we need and how many we currently have?

In mobile view it shows how many points are required at the bottom of your user menu.

You can access the mobile menu by resizing your desktop browser window to make it small enough that it displays the mobile view, other than that I don't think it displays how many points are required for the next rank.

image.png

Points & ranks are completely meaningless though, don't worry too much about what your rank is.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Honestly i never knew there were ranks here but apparently im a contributor

On 3/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Mr-G-Man said:

I think providing a description of the requirements would be good.

Nothing short of absolute utter perfection. Anything less will get a participation trophy and a set of LTT sticker NFTs

I would show you my sticker NFT's as an example, but then you might print screen, so....

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

21 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Nothing short of absolute utter perfection. Anything less will get a participation trophy and a set of LTT sticker NFTs

I would show you my sticker NFT's as an example, but then you might print screen, so....

But... But... funny linus face...

jk lmao

I personally could care less what my rank is. I see an issue, I offer advice if I have any. OP uses it (or not), my advice solves their problem (or not), and they mark my post as solution (or not). Occasionally, OP will follow up with a thank you or shout out, and that's cool, too. I'm not all that hung up on this sort of thing to be honest.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

On 3/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, RGBoy said:

Honestly i never knew there were ranks here but apparently im a contributor

thats because they don't really matter

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

20 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'm not all that hung up on this sort of thing to be honest.

Yeah, the solution thing is more helpful in five years when someone is looking up the same problem and they can't find a solution online. The tracker of how many you have had is just for looks.

On 3/17/2022 at 10:48 PM, GDRRiley said:

thats because they don't really matter

And the fact the ultimate rank/achievement is "Linus" and no one will ever get that except for Linus himself.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.