Weekly Sponsorship Suggestion/Complaint Thread - March 2022

JonoT

Hey everyone! It's the weekly sponsorship suggestion thread.

If you know of any companies that you think we should work with, don't hesitate to suggest it in the thread! These can be companies you may have seen sponsor other creators, digital ads, or just products you are interested in buying/using. It doesn't have to be in the technology space too!

Alternatively, if you have a personal or seen problems with any of the sponsors that we work with feel free to add it below, but keep it objectional (e.g. Fanboyism). 

This thread will be open for the month of March 2022.

Business Team Members: 

@SeanLMG
@GeoffLMG
@BellLMG

@CPotter
@JonoT

Hi guys, I've just spotted this on an amazon prime page in the UK and wanted to check if it was legit or being too your attention if needed just incase the video is being used without permissions. 

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section

Screenshot_20220309-112339_Amazon Shopping.jpg

12 hours ago, Warlock5822 said:

Hi guys, I've just spotted this on an amazon prime page in the UK and wanted to check if it was legit or being too your attention if needed just incase the video is being used without permissions. 

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section

Screenshot_20220309-112339_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This one is all good! We appreciate you bringing it up.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:07 PM, JonoT said:

or just products you are interested in buying/using.

There's this company called Fujitsu, amazon has been forcing their laptops down my throat, considering there are not that many competitors in to lg gram in the ultralight-weight category, this might be worth a look.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Might be off topic, but also figured id post here before spinning up a new thread. Is there a list of current LTT sponsorships posted and maintained anywhere? I ask because I saw a sponsorship for a wallet in one video and was interested but had a very similar wallet that was working for me. Since then, my wallet started breaking down and I want to find that one that sponsored the ad spot in the LTT video but don't remember what the name of it was, nor do I remember the video I saw it in. It wasn't Ridge, but had a different recent one that had a mechanical switch to push out the 5 or 7 cards it could store. 

If you haven't reached out to them recently, Oracle is having a major advertising push for their cloud space to try and attract devops, sysadmins, etc. to play around with.  They would be an A tier advertiser and would probably be interested in meeting a lot of your demographic.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:08 PM, ColinLTT said:

Hot Pockets would be a sick sponsor ngl

I know this was more tongue-in-cheek, but I think they'd be a very fitting sponsor. I think Hot Pockets fit at least the North American demographic of viewers pretty well. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

This is my First time actually ever leaving a comment here partly because this is my First time dealing with a sponsor however I am not at all impressed I recently signed up for Nordpass through a promo code from LTT or well I would have however dispute signing up the very day that the Video was uploaded Nordpass claims that the promo code from LTT wasn't valid. This however wasn't bad enough after signing up for Nordpass paying full price for the service because they refuse to honor their own promo code I get in and find out very Quickly that 2 features I consider key to a VPN don't work the service doesn't Auto fill my username and password for me I have to manually copy and paste my information in from there dashboard that's a huge inconvenience however it gets worse the auto generate secure passwords is again only available in the dashboard it it's not available automatically I contacted support however they were absolutely no help however I did find out that there 0 knowledge architecture isn't entirely true as they have encryption information stored in the log files therefore it would be possible to use the log file to backdoor into the account. After finding out this information I immediately required to cancel my account however they originally refused claiming I wasn't able to get a refund dispute there 30 days money back guarantee. Thankfully I was able to get my credit card company to help me out and reverse the transaction however I am still expecting disappointed with Nordpass and yes I Kinda put a little of this in LTT seeing as really I should have known better than to trust the people behind Nord VPN a VPN service that has a very bad rating in trust pilot. I should have known better than to trust Nordpass however I made the mistake in believing that maybe they had cleaned up their act because they were working with companies that are decent boy was I wrong.

I highly doubt anyone at LMG will actually read this and I highly doubt they would actually care anyways however I would at least hope that maybe enough people are a little more careful with Nordpass although sadly it likely won't make any difference I am not a high profile case so nobody is going to demand action here. 

Hi. First time posting.

I use a Firewalla device (blue plus) to manage my home network and to securely access my home network over a wireguard protocol. The blue-plus device also allows me to set up and manage device-specific traffic routing through a VPN service (Nord VPN). 

I am not affiliated with the company, but I think that their product set is pretty neat.

https://firewalla.com/pages/about-us 

On 3/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, justcallmekami said:

Might be off topic, but also figured id post here before spinning up a new thread. Is there a list of current LTT sponsorships posted and maintained anywhere? I ask because I saw a sponsorship for a wallet in one video and was interested but had a very similar wallet that was working for me. Since then, my wallet started breaking down and I want to find that one that sponsored the ad spot in the LTT video but don't remember what the name of it was, nor do I remember the video I saw it in. It wasn't Ridge, but had a different recent one that had a mechanical switch to push out the 5 or 7 cards it could store. 

We are working on a list of all our current sponsors, stay tuned! The wallet brand you're thinking about may be Ekster Wallets which you can find here: https://shop.ekster.com/LinusTechTips

15 hours ago, Jeffery1988 said:

This is my First time actually ever leaving a comment here partly because this is my First time dealing with a sponsor however I am not at all impressed I recently signed up for Nordpass through a promo code from LTT or well I would have however dispute signing up the very day that the Video was uploaded Nordpass claims that the promo code from LTT wasn't valid. This however wasn't bad enough after signing up for Nordpass paying full price for the service because they refuse to honor their own promo code I get in and find out very Quickly that 2 features I consider key to a VPN don't work the service doesn't Auto fill my username and password for me I have to manually copy and paste my information in from there dashboard that's a huge inconvenience however it gets worse the auto generate secure passwords is again only available in the dashboard it it's not available automatically I contacted support however they were absolutely no help however I did find out that there 0 knowledge architecture isn't entirely true as they have encryption information stored in the log files therefore it would be possible to use the log file to backdoor into the account. After finding out this information I immediately required to cancel my account however they originally refused claiming I wasn't able to get a refund dispute there 30 days money back guarantee. Thankfully I was able to get my credit card company to help me out and reverse the transaction however I am still expecting disappointed with Nordpass and yes I Kinda put a little of this in LTT seeing as really I should have known better than to trust the people behind Nord VPN a VPN service that has a very bad rating in trust pilot. I should have known better than to trust Nordpass however I made the mistake in believing that maybe they had cleaned up their act because they were working with companies that are decent boy was I wrong.

I highly doubt anyone at LMG will actually read this and I highly doubt they would actually care anyways however I would at least hope that maybe enough people are a little more careful with Nordpass although sadly it likely won't make any difference I am not a high profile case so nobody is going to demand action here. 

Thanks for letting us know about your experience! They do have an autofill feature, but I'll find out if it's on all OS/browsers so we can make clarifications in our talking points if needed, as well as see if there are any security concerns that we should be aware of that may have been missed in our research based on what you've said.

HelloFresh - Had a coworker who used it while the rest of their family was on vacation (because they weren't good at doing it themselves).  They were happy with it, although it is more expensive than just purchasing groceries.

A benefit that I see though, it can help with people who are dieting as it means a lot easier portion control because the food you get is the food you get all portioned out...compared to the standard way where you likely will have made more than actually needed and end up eating more.  I also like the thought of HelloFresh because it isn't related to tech but still sort of practical in the sense that people who come home from work and don't want to think about what to make for dinner...or it could help families like myself who prep the food the night before just to make it easier for the next day (not having to think about what needs defrosting and when)

Cons being that it is more pricey though

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

1 hour ago, wanderingfool2 said:

HelloFresh - Had a coworker who used it while the rest of their family was on vacation (because they weren't good at doing it themselves).  They were happy with it, although it is more expensive than just purchasing groceries.

A benefit that I see though, it can help with people who are dieting as it means a lot easier portion control because the food you get is the food you get all portioned out...compared to the standard way where you likely will have made more than actually needed and end up eating more.  I also like the thought of HelloFresh because it isn't related to tech but still sort of practical in the sense that people who come home from work and don't want to think about what to make for dinner...or it could help families like myself who prep the food the night before just to make it easier for the next day (not having to think about what needs defrosting and when)

Cons being that it is more pricey though

From what i can see Hello-fresh is quite expensive, and not for everyone.

If I calculate it on the prices in my country, it is at least 200% more expensive than that you buy every ingredient separately.

Not forgetting I don't really see a Tech channel promote a Food product.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, darknessblade said:

From what i can see Hello-fresh is quite expensive, and not for everyone.

If I calculate it on the prices in my country, it is at least 200% more expensive than that you buy every ingredient separately.

Not forgetting I don't really see a Tech channel promote a Food product.

There is a decently large amount of people who go out to eat a lot because they don't do things like buying groceries/fresh produce.  Yes, it's more expensive, but less expensive than eating out.  It also does permit portion control, which is good because we are wired to lean towards overeating.

I much rather advertisements that still could be relatable to myself but isn't techy; than things like VPN ads etc.  It just feels like it's more independent.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

This is about Origin PC, and I'm not impressed with them. This happened starting back in December 2020. I bought a PC from them because finding individual parts was nigh impossible and they were recommended by AMD themselves. I opted to go a little overkill and got a 5950x and a 3080. The case is a Corsair 175R, I was unsure if this was a wise choice given the solid front panel not providing enough airflow, but I thought that they knew well enough how it work. I also opted for RGB fans because, well why not, and a CORSAIR H150i PRO XT RGB Cooler.

The red flags started popping up when my fans would ramp up repeatedly. I checked my CPU temps and they were hovering at 88. I used iCue to increase the fan speed, but it didn't work. Turns out they replaced the PWM fans on the H150 with RGB DC case fans that were cheaper, less powerful, and couldn't be controlled by the H150i. When I asked about the problem I was told "why don't you just use the (wired) controller that comes with the Corsair commander box thing, I questioned why I would want a wired controller, and I also questioned why they didn't send that to me if it was supposed to come with the box. I also asked why, if I paid for the H150i, I didn't get the fans that were supposed to come with it; I did ask if instead I receive some kind of discount for the price different. I never heard back from them. I also didn't received the hard drive cage that's supposed to come with the case because the way the mounted the cooler there wasn't room for it, they did actually send me that.

In my experience Origin is a little shady, and their customer service isn't great. If I didn't have the knowledge I do about PCs I would still be cooking my CPU. I eventually cut a hole in the front facia and put in some laser cut fan grill. I also mounted the fans outside inside the front facia so I had more clearance inside the case. My temps have dropped between 8 and 10 degrees since. I'm sure replacing the crap fans with Notua helped as well.

Sure you expected this one to be controversial, but not a fan of the epic games sponsorship.

Many people have their own reasons for hating epic, mine is that I don't appreciate them swooping in on already funded games, and buying exclusive distribution rights after a steam release had been promised.

It's scummy by the devs / publishers for taking the deal, and epic for offering.

15 hours ago, tassadarforaiur said:

Sure you expected this one to be controversial, but not a fan of the epic games sponsorship.

Many people have their own reasons for hating epic, mine is that I don't appreciate them swooping in on already funded games, and buying exclusive distribution rights after a steam release had been promised.

It's scummy by the devs / publishers for taking the deal, and epic for offering.

I agree with this.

During the Apple V Epic lawsuit lots of internal e-mails and documents from the court showed that Epic paid influencers to "Disrupt Steam's organic traffic coverage", so with Linus in the middle of his month long Steam Deck usage, and the amount of coverage that's getting, I find the timing of the sponsorship from Epic very convenient.

* Buying companies and removing them from Steam (Rocket League) where there was already a large user base.

* Swooping in to get exclusivity rights for games that already had Pre-orders on other platforms (Metro Exodus)

* Claiming that they are all about developers, but refusing a game on their store because the developer wouldn't agree to exclusivity. (DARQ)

LTT has had some sponsors in the past that didn't work out, I really just accept that in the post ad-pocalypse youtube they're a necessity of business. But at the point where LTT can pick and choose it's sponsorships, this is the first one that's really made me want to come and make a post about it.

A lot of people assume that Epic Hat3rZ are just Steam fan boys who don't want a broken up library. I have libraries with Origin, Ubisoft, Gog, Humble, Gamers Gate, Itch, Indiegala. I even thought them giving away free games wasn't a bad idea to try and build their userbase, but once the exclusives started and their attitude towards customers by sniping games that already had release dates, pre-orders, pages, fully funded with promises made, I thoroughly dislike the company for that. Blame also lies with the devs for doing that, but Epic are the ones laying out the opportunity.

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3

On 3/20/2022 at 4:46 PM, tassadarforaiur said:

I'd disagree that it's scummy for the devs. The publishers for big games are amoral organizations that are usually beholden to corporate shareholders but for stuff like Hitman 3 or the Last Campfire I think it's totally understandable to take Epic Game Store timed exclusivity to have a guaranteed revenue and not rely on luck that the game will be commercially successful. It definitely could be argued that it's anticompetitive, but I'd argue not much more than some other exclusives. Even if I don't think Epic Games Inc. is a trustworthy company and think they do plenty of scummy things including their whole Apple Lawsuit and a variety of things.

I don't think it's productive to blame individuals too much for going back on promises and taking the money. I'd almost blame someone who would be surprised that people would take the deal. Sadly, there's a way the world works, and it means that having money is really important.

4 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

I'd disagree that it's scummy for the devs. The publishers for big games are amoral organizations that are usually beholden to corporate shareholders but for stuff like Hitman 3 or the Last Campfire I think it's totally understandable to take Epic Game Store timed exclusivity to have a guaranteed revenue and not rely on luck that the game will be commercially successful. It definitely could be argued that it's anticompetitive, but I'd argue not much more than some other exclusives. Even if I don't think Epic Games Inc. is a trustworthy company and think they do plenty of scummy things including their whole Apple Lawsuit and a variety of things.

I don't think it's productive to blame individuals too much for going back on promises and taking the money. I'd almost blame someone who would be surprised that people would take the deal. Sadly, there's a way the world works, and it means that having money is really important.

If the devs / publishers / etc. take an epic exclusivity deal, whatever. I don't like it, and if I was otherwise interested in the game, I'll be frustrated. but that's not the issue I'm bringing up.

If the team promised that if their game got funded, you would get a steam key. the game gets funded 3 times over, they take your money, and then surprise. Epic Games Store exclusive now. That's a bait and switch.

Due to Kickstarter rules, it may be legal for them to do it, but it is scummy as hell. I blame everyone involved in making the business decision to take epics money, including people on the epic side.

The shenmue 3 fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hello Friends! I am sure you guys have heard of WYZE, but I use them all over my house, from plugs, to cameras, to light bulbs; even my bathroom scale. They are a cheaper alternative to a smart home with a whole ecosystem of devices. I can't attest to their customer support, but I love all my WYZE products.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

15 hours ago, mr fobs said:

Hello Friends! I am sure you guys have heard of WYZE, but I use them all over my house, from plugs, to cameras, to light bulbs; even my bathroom scale. They are a cheaper alternative to a smart home with a whole ecosystem of devices. I can't attest to their customer support, but I love all my WYZE products.

The problem with this is that it is a Closed Ecosystem.

And to make "FULL" use of it you need to pay for the subscription they have.

Not forgetting Linus his Distain for Subscription based camera's and IOT hardware.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 3/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, tassadarforaiur said:

On 3/21/2022 at 5:30 AM, Athan Immortal said:

I agree with this.

During the Apple V Epic lawsuit lots of internal e-mails and documents from the court showed that Epic paid influencers to "Disrupt Steam's organic traffic coverage", so with Linus in the middle of his month long Steam Deck usage, and the amount of coverage that's getting, I find the timing of the sponsorship from Epic very convenient.

* Buying companies and removing them from Steam (Rocket League) where there was already a large user base.

* Swooping in to get exclusivity rights for games that already had Pre-orders on other platforms (Metro Exodus)

* Claiming that they are all about developers, but refusing a game on their store because the developer wouldn't agree to exclusivity. (DARQ)

LTT has had some sponsors in the past that didn't work out, I really just accept that in the post ad-pocalypse youtube they're a necessity of business. But at the point where LTT can pick and choose it's sponsorships, this is the first one that's really made me want to come and make a post about it.

A lot of people assume that Epic Hat3rZ are just Steam fan boys who don't want a broken up library. I have libraries with Origin, Ubisoft, Gog, Humble, Gamers Gate, Itch, Indiegala. I even thought them giving away free games wasn't a bad idea to try and build their userbase, but once the exclusives started and their attitude towards customers by sniping games that already had release dates, pre-orders, pages, fully funded with promises made, I thoroughly dislike the company for that. Blame also lies with the devs for doing that, but Epic are the ones laying out the opportunity.

On 3/21/2022 at 3:11 PM, tassadarforaiur said:

If the devs / publishers / etc. take an epic exclusivity deal, whatever. I don't like it, and if I was otherwise interested in the game, I'll be frustrated. but that's not the issue I'm bringing up.

If the team promised that if their game got funded, you would get a steam key. the game gets funded 3 times over, they take your money, and then surprise. Epic Games Store exclusive now. That's a bait and switch.

Due to Kickstarter rules, it may be legal for them to do it, but it is scummy as hell. I blame everyone involved in making the business decision to take epics money, including people on the epic side.

The shenmue 3 fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth.

Noted on future Epic Game Sponsorship, we'll discuss this with the team if it gets proposed again.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:49 PM, AOClaus said:

This is about Origin PC, and I'm not impressed with them. This happened starting back in December 2020. I bought a PC from them because finding individual parts was nigh impossible and they were recommended by AMD themselves. I opted to go a little overkill and got a 5950x and a 3080. The case is a Corsair 175R, I was unsure if this was a wise choice given the solid front panel not providing enough airflow, but I thought that they knew well enough how it work. I also opted for RGB fans because, well why not, and a CORSAIR H150i PRO XT RGB Cooler.

The red flags started popping up when my fans would ramp up repeatedly. I checked my CPU temps and they were hovering at 88. I used iCue to increase the fan speed, but it didn't work. Turns out they replaced the PWM fans on the H150 with RGB DC case fans that were cheaper, less powerful, and couldn't be controlled by the H150i. When I asked about the problem I was told "why don't you just use the (wired) controller that comes with the Corsair commander box thing, I questioned why I would want a wired controller, and I also questioned why they didn't send that to me if it was supposed to come with the box. I also asked why, if I paid for the H150i, I didn't get the fans that were supposed to come with it; I did ask if instead I receive some kind of discount for the price different. I never heard back from them. I also didn't received the hard drive cage that's supposed to come with the case because the way the mounted the cooler there wasn't room for it, they did actually send me that.

In my experience Origin is a little shady, and their customer service isn't great. If I didn't have the knowledge I do about PCs I would still be cooking my CPU. I eventually cut a hole in the front facia and put in some laser cut fan grill. I also mounted the fans outside inside the front facia so I had more clearance inside the case. My temps have dropped between 8 and 10 degrees since. I'm sure replacing the crap fans with Notua helped as well.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, we'll definitely take note of this customer service. If you could DM me the ticket number and when this was, that would help a ton. 

Whenever you do any subzero builds and use the kneaded eraser, you should try and get Faber-Castell to sponsor. Might not be a tech-y company, but would be fun to see. 

I was wondering if you are still working with Manscaped.

Just like Raycons, around the internet (except for yt sponsorships, of course), I couldn't find but bad things about their products, the lawnmower line in particular.

They all seem to agree on the following: Overpriced piece of cheap plastic, nothing more than any other electric trimmer in any lower price range.

15 hours ago, Sigfried said:

I was wondering if you are still working with Manscaped.

Just like Raycons, around the internet (except for yt sponsorships, of course), I couldn't find but bad things about their products, the lawnmower line in particular.

They all seem to agree on the following: Overpriced piece of cheap plastic, nothing more than any other electric trimmer in any lower price range.

Hey, thanks for the feedback here. Many of us in the office use MANSCAPED's products and haven't run into any issues but we'll keep this in mind when planning future spots with them!