This Makes Apple Look Stupid

Plouffe

Ever regret buying completely different looking monitors? Looking for a good double monitor arm? The Ergo Dual from LG might be for you, but we've got a few things to say about it first.

Buy the LG 27" Monitors w/ Ergo Dual Stand: https://geni.us/0srfIX

Real Men™️ use split-flap displays.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

"If you like to have your monitors low and kinda look down at them it might not be the best for that"

So basically it's designed with ergonomics in mind to make it harder for people to develop long term injury/issues from using it 😛

Interesting sponsor choice for this one. Should I not be using Honey anymore?

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

I bought the Invision MX150 because it was cheap, all black, suitable for a small monitor and had a huge 3"+ bite on the clamp like your LG Duo which I needed as it has to grip a deep case lid. Worth a review I think. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invision-Monitor-Arm-Ergonomic-Adjustable/dp/B0765Y4CT5
I have an 24" LG 24UD58-B 4K IPS mounted on it. I tried also mounting a substantial metal shelf along with the monitor. The arm just about handled the weight but it wasn't comfortable. The shelf (MACLEAN Brackets MC-756) was a bit too big.

MonitorArm.jpg

2 hours ago, adarw said:

chads dont buy arms for their monitors, in fact they have no monitors, they use binary LEDs

No, you hold your hands near the computer, and you sense the flow of electrons through the circuitry, and visualize what the resulting output would be in your mind's eye.

do not meant to be asshole but you can see this video is edited by new editor

4 hours ago, bucklingspring said:

I was wondering the same thing!

6 hours ago, bucklingspring said:

I heard that too and was wondering the same thing. Honey worked quite often when it first became popular but its been over a year since its actually saved me anything.

2 hours ago, ferih said:

do not meant to be asshole but you can see this video is edited by new editor

Yeah, who is Password123?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

mac gives you the option of extended desktop and mirror display and you only tried the latter and that did as intended and that makes linus look stupid but jokes aside you have to enter extended desktop and then that will be the automatic option and the touchbar version will ask you if you want extended or mirror on the touchbar so yeah this is false i run multiple screens on mine with different things going on each screen this is a weird oversight from you guys (windows user but use MacOS for work) in the photo you see an unchecked box for mirror display if you have it on the it will work as it did in the video and i was really hoping for a good burn on apple other then brand but this display comment was the most "i use windows only" comment that ive ever seen and it could have been debunked with a google search of, how to... or, can i... 

999258040.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Confused how this makes apple look stupid tbh 

I believe because of Apple's cost for the stands?

17 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

I believe because of Apple's cost for the stands?

I mean Apple monitors have a VESA mount option so you can just use any stand you want? There’s the one stand that’s over engineered to fuck but that’s the reason it’s expensive, because it’s over engineered to fuck and also no one actually buys it because of the VESA mount. 

Has anyone tried to buy this? 

I called LG to buy in Canada - and they don't have the part listed or availability in Canada 27QP88D-B2. Anyone else tried buying this? 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:48 PM, weakknees420 said:

mac gives you the option of extended desktop and mirror display and you only tried the latter and that did as intended and that makes linus look stupid but jokes aside you have to enter extended desktop and then that will be the automatic option and the touchbar version will ask you if you want extended or mirror on the touchbar so yeah this is false i run multiple screens on mine with different things going on each screen this is a weird oversight from you guys (windows user but use MacOS for work) in the photo you see an unchecked box for mirror display if you have it on the it will work as it did in the video and i was really hoping for a good burn on apple other then brand but this display comment was the most "i use windows only" comment that ive ever seen and it could have been debunked with a google search of, how to... or, can i... 

999258040.png

I believe that is only if they connected each monitor separately to the Mac (or a suitable hub)--they were using DisplayPort MST (Multi-Stream Technology) which is what makes daisy-chaining them together work.  As stated in the video, MST is not supported by MacOS at this time.  Had they connected both monitors separately to the MacBook, then these options would have been possible.