The HD60 S, Super good, or super overated?

tealflip

There was one thing I needed for Christmas this year, and it was the Elgato HD60 S. I had a terrible time in the past with super cheap capture cards, even when used with the underpowered Nintendo Switch. But, now that I've had nearly 2 months with this item, I have my reviews set.

Let's begin with what's included. Obviously, the capture card itself, a manual, one very THICC HDMI, and another very THICC USB C to USB 3.1 cable. Plus, a sticker. Unfortunately, I have a desk with terrible holes cut out, and a terrible cable run system. But, even with weird bends constantly, the cables work perfectly fine, and even when unplugged, set back to normal. A good start. And for the people who love unboxings, yes, it is one hell of an experience. Apple tier packaging. But, of course it can't be a good product without, well, a good system. At first, you may need to get the Elgato app, as I've been told by other people. I had to as well, but once I did I was free running with OBS. Any time I've tried to use any capture system in the past, the latency I experienced was way too high. And, if at the time you only had one monitor with any HDMI support, you'll know that it won't ever be an option. I do have two monitors now, though only one has HDMI, while the other is on DVI. After doing a stream with it, playing some Pokemon on my switch going through the capture card, I did experience a couple problems. Now, these are only problems for OBS, and other recording software's, though it's not an issue on Elgato's own software. Audio. You will have to configure at first to make it be Monitored and casted out to a stream, plus depending on older systems, such as the Wii, you might need to rescale it. But, other than that, I have had zero issues. Almost zero latency, perfect scaling for newer consoles, and the perfect quality of the device. It has a light indicator on the card, letting you see when the HDMI was disconnected, with a rubber outline on the base so it doesn't slide around.

So, would I advise buying it? Only for certain uses. I would only advise buying it if you need a high quality capture card for streaming. I say this with it's high price tag, of around $159. I have heard of people buying this just to link up a camera, which I highly discourage. Just use the cam link. Also, if you plan on streaming with a PS5 or XBOX Series X, you will definitely need to go for a 4K60 Pro, as long as you have a computer that can support it. But if you're buying it, I'm assuming you already have some PCIe lanes open. Good products, with different use cases.

yeah thats it. bye.

Turn it off then on again. 
CPU: Ryzen 3 3300x.                   GPU: MSI VENTUS XS 1660 TI *6 GB GDDR6*                    RAM: 16x2 of Trident Z Neo 3200MHZ                      Storage: 1x SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB M.2 Gen 4 SSD. 1x 7200rpm WD Blue 1 TB Hard Drive.                          Motherboard: MSI TOMAHAWK MAX II B450                             COOLER: Stock AMD                 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT, 80 PG.                        Case: Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW                     OS: Windows 11 Home Edition.

12 minutes ago, tealflip said:

I have heard of people buying this just to link up a camera, which I highly discourage. Just use the cam link

or https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1578063-REG/blackmagic_design_ultra_studio_recorder_3g.html

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang