I HAF To Build This (Cooler Master HAF 700 Build)

ColinLTT

The Cooler Master HAF 700 is one of the craziest cases to ever exist.. I HAF to build a PC in it.

Check out the Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO: https://lmg.gg/9jGnZ

Buy ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme: https://geni.us/4BGVc

Buy ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090: https://geni.us/PLJNg

Buy Seasonic PRIME 1300 Platinum: https://geni.us/s1Fwj

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

4 minutes ago, Velcade said:

image.thumb.png.cd4bb44a7411cfb6e3b3820b859636ea.png

I, too, like to watch the world burn.

3d print a mount for quad itx build?

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

4 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

3d print a mount for quad itx build?

Imagine how many RPi Compute Modules clusters you can fit inside that.

In any case (s'cuse the pun 😛 ), it  has RGB, meaning I won't touch it with a barge pole 💩

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Mixed thoughts here. It seems like an impressive chassis. But as someone who has fond nostalgic feelings for the original HAF line of cases (my first build was in one), I'm not sure I feel this is a "worthy" successor. Apart from the shape of the vent cutouts on the back side, I don't see any real inspiration from the old HAF designs here; those were always brutalist, utilitarian affairs even by the aesthetic standards of that era. I think they should have branded this as a Cosmos if it's just supposed to be the biggest, flashiest, most-no-compromises case they've got.  

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I feel like this is the first case Cooler Master releases that actually replaces the HAF X I bought in 2010. It only took 12 years.

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I think they should have branded this as a Cosmos

I would agree.  My first case was a COSMOS 1000, I miss that thing.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

cool, but could be cooler. (also lighter and colder?)

why does the display have to "ruin" the front?

Couldn't it just also be on the "wide side" or like with others on the CPU cooler if it would go on top of the desk.

it must be the fact that its wider, but it seems that the 25kg of this case is more manageable then my lighter 19kg 900D. But i'd really like to see a full custom loop in one of these once the production runs come out, wonders if all the spots could handle radiators.

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

1 case 13 fans impresses LMG huh???

Try one case 30 fans... because that's exactly what I've got going on in my CaseLabs Mercury S8. Heck, it's YELLOW too.

Truth be told CaseLabs is sadly no more, but their cases were radical for more than one reason. First and foremost was their cutomizability with pedestal add-ons top and bottom, different side panels and interior stuff like fan mounts and HDD caddies. Second was the fact that it all came flat packed and you would assemble it yourself screwing it all together - it was basically LEGO for the PC enthusiast and I loved the experience. Third, the sheer size of cases they offered from tiny mITX sized cases all the way to the behemoth TX10. THAT THING was a sight to behold, more so when you got a custom powder coated one tricked out with "dual dual" Xeon boards in there and FOUR separate, independent water cooling loops. Just the pedestal alone for the TX10 could fit 16+ fans in it with dual 80mm thick 480 rads.

One opportunity Cooler Master missed with this case was the option for a 2nd PSU mount - stack that thing with water cooled graphics cards and a single 1600W unit may not be enough when single cards now are pushing 450W+ easy with overclocks. Similarly if you also have high amperage fans and a bunch of mechanical hard drives in the mix.

Oh yeah, and as far as that 55lbs weight - my fully stacked S8 weighs MORE than my GF (and she's a slim 70lbs) Apple's "optional" $700 casters are indeed beyond laughable when you just look at a TX10. The heavy duty casters on that thing were a requirement!!!

Size matters.jpg

Hello,

I would like to know what is the name of programm which you use for measuring temp and core ratio. That one which you made diagram at the end of the film.

I will be grateful.

oh man.. a HAF case.. I remember having one of those for my simple I5-4570 and my old 1070 card.. Oversized and not used to its fullest.

Glad to see one featured here in .. 2022!

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I had a Coolermaster case before and it was terrible. As to this one, it's a nice design but way too much RGB for my liking.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, dead by death said:

you could buy a ps5 for the price of the haf

Yeah, but then you'd be a console pleb.

My CoolerMaster HAF XM from back in the day has 13 fans in it, not impressed 😉

(Front rad has 4 120's, top rad has 4 120's, exhaust rad has 2 120's, side panel has 1 200mm, top has one 80mm intake on VRM's, front panel 5.25" bay has 120mm intake)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Cooler Master sucks. I wouldn't buy anything that you could ever possibly need support from them for. I've been waiting over 2 weeks for even just an initial response to my RMA ticket and others are experiencing similar times.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2022 at 12:26 AM, Luscious said:

1 case 13 fans impresses LMG huh???

Try one case 30 fans... because that's exactly what I've got going on in my CaseLabs Mercury S8. Heck, it's YELLOW too.

Truth be told CaseLabs is sadly no more, but their cases were radical for more than one reason. First and foremost was their cutomizability with pedestal add-ons top and bottom, different side panels and interior stuff like fan mounts and HDD caddies. Second was the fact that it all came flat packed and you would assemble it yourself screwing it all together - it was basically LEGO for the PC enthusiast and I loved the experience. Third, the sheer size of cases they offered from tiny mITX sized cases all the way to the behemoth TX10. THAT THING was a sight to behold, more so when you got a custom powder coated one tricked out with "dual dual" Xeon boards in there and FOUR separate, independent water cooling loops. Just the pedestal alone for the TX10 could fit 16+ fans in it with dual 80mm thick 480 rads.

One opportunity Cooler Master missed with this case was the option for a 2nd PSU mount - stack that thing with water cooled graphics cards and a single 1600W unit may not be enough when single cards now are pushing 450W+ easy with overclocks. Similarly if you also have high amperage fans and a bunch of mechanical hard drives in the mix.

Oh yeah, and as far as that 55lbs weight - my fully stacked S8 weighs MORE than my GF (and she's a slim 70lbs) Apple's "optional" $700 casters are indeed beyond laughable when you just look at a TX10. The heavy duty casters on that thing were a requirement!!!

Size matters.jpg

Makes me remember the horrible Cooler Master square box i used to have for my I5-4570 and Radeon 7700HD.. good times.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD