Did I buy fake Huano blue shell white dots?

MrP6k

so I just finished soldering on my new switches on my G102 Prodigy mouse after my stock omrons started double clicking when I noticed that my left click and right click bswd switches sound different same with the front and back button, the left click is higher pitched than the right click now, back side button is higher pitched than the front. is this a normal thing? was $1.75 for 5 pieces of huano bswd too good to be true?

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

Where did you buy the switches at?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

25 minutes ago, James Evens said:

I buy the Kailh GM 2.0 in very low volume for $0.50 each. If you buy more the price drops significantly by like 1/3 or more.

So $1.75 for 5 plus shipping might be possible. Be aware that a generic microswitch is in the $0.02 to $0.05 range. Enough of a margin to make fakes worth it.

Easiest to tell is opening up one and comparing it under a microscope to either known genuine pictures or the golden sample.

i do have one extra switch that i can open up, no microscope though

31 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Where did you buy the switches at?

https://shopee.co.id/KOK-5Pcs-Original-HUANO-White-Dot-Blue-Shell-0.74N-Mouse-Micro-Switch-Silver-Alloy-Contacts-20-Millions-Lifetime-i.296611371.6754311691

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

It's entirely normal. There are no fake Huanos out there (microswitches are a market where it makes no sense to imitate someone else's product), but manufacturing variance is super noticeable in microswitches since the differences are amplified by the mouse shell. Most big companies, like Logitech, will bin the switches by weight to reduce the difference on any given copy, but even then it can never be a perfect process. 

43 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Serious? You can get with micro switches somewhere between $0.30 to $0.50 more by faking or roughly 10x the price which is a lot.

I would go as far as there is in China nothing which isn't faked.

Another example:

Wago 250-203

Hiwa 41-F01-250-3 

The overwhelming majority of microswitches are sold to industrial customers at much lower prices, where the "name brand" is barely a factor compared to tolerance figures and being the cheapest (as evidenced by the general dominance of Omron D2FC).

If a manufacturer cannot match the quality metrics they quote, it'll be very quickly discovered as companies set up QC, and their product dropped from usage. If they can match the quality metrics, no customer is going to complain if they sold it under their own brand, especially if the price is lower. You see this happening with Kailh, Zippy, TTC, Boyue, and a million others, all of which have essentially cloned Omron's D2F/D2FC microswitches with minor alterations, but none of them bother to slap another company's name on it because it simply doesn't make sense.

There is only one actual microswitch "fake" that I'm personally aware of, and even then it's only a case of matching model numbers (D2FC-F-7N). The rest of the switch looks nothing like what it's supposedly "copying", and even has the imitator's branding on it.

31 minutes ago, TheChromaBristlenose said:

The overwhelming majority of microswitches are sold to industrial customers at much lower prices, where the "name brand" is barely a factor compared to tolerance figures and being the cheapest (as evidenced by the general dominance of Omron D2FC).

If a manufacturer cannot match the quality metrics they quote, it'll be very quickly discovered as companies set up QC, and their product dropped from usage. If they can match the quality metrics, no customer is going to complain if they sold it under their own brand, especially if the price is lower. You see this happening with Kailh, Zippy, TTC, Boyue, and a million others, all of which have essentially cloned Omron's D2F/D2FC microswitches with minor alterations, but none of them bother to slap another company's name on it because it simply doesn't make sense.

There is only one actual microswitch "fake" that I'm personally aware of, and even then it's only a case of matching model numbers (D2FC-F-7N). The rest of the switch looks nothing like what it's supposedly "copying", and even has the imitator's branding on it.

can you recommend some good low cost switches for future mouse repairs?

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

48 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

can you recommend some good low cost switches for future mouse repairs?

BSWD are honestly pretty good, you just have to bin them like I mentioned before. Easy way to do it would be to press the plungers against each other slowly, and sort through until you have pairs with similar actuation force. Some other good switch options would be TTC Gold Dustproof, Zippy DF3-P1 and Huano Blue Shell Pink Dot.

17 minutes ago, TheChromaBristlenose said:

BSWD are honestly pretty good, you just have to bin them like I mentioned before. Easy way to do it would be to press the plungers against each other slowly, and sort through until you have pairs with similar actuation force. Some other good switch options would be TTC Gold Dustproof, Zippy DF3-P1 and Huano Blue Shell Pink Dot.

so I could only find the TTC gold and BSPD for $1.75 (2) and $1.4 (1) respectively. do you happen to know any pre-binned switches? ones that don't vary this much

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

• 7 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, MrP6k said:

so I could only find the TTC gold and BSPD for $1.75 (2) and $1.4 (1) respectively. do you happen to know any pre-binned switches? ones that don't vary this much

sir.... how is your Huano switch right now?

i also from indo so want to know the quality of the switch