Touchscreen Monitor Lenovo T24t-20

Hi there,

during the last two weeks, I have been looking into touchscreen monitors. The person that tasked me with this wants a large screen (27"+) and a good quality display panel with a high resolution. Unfortunately, the offers on the touchscreen market are minimal; I could tell him right away that 4k and 27" are not going to happen. These high resolution displays are only available on All in One computers. The final decision was between the Dell P2418HT and the Lenovo T24t-20. As you can see from the title, we decided on Lenovo because of the better ports and the lower price. It was not an easy decision because there were no reviews online, except for the marketing material from Lenovo.

• The panel is 1920x1080 @75Hz; this was a pleasant surprise since it is listed as a 60Hz panel on most websites
  • The monitor has 80W power delivery via USB-C
  • It doesn't have speakers
  • The colours don't look as good as on my MacBook, but this isn't a fair comparison. I tested the display with my SpyderX and DisplayCal. All of the default presets are garbage, except for the one selected as default. DisplayCal revealed these results: 
  • ACCURACY dE76 avg		0.083711
    ACCURACY_ dE76 max		1.350533
    ACCURACY dE76 rms		0.204007
    GAMUT volume			1.12003861735
    GAMUT_coverage(srgb)		0.9777
    GAMUT_coverage(dci-p3)		0.7907
    GAMUT coverage(adobe-rgb)	0.7139
  • In my opinion, the touchscreen experience on a display this large is not good. I had never seen a Windows touchscreen this large in person before, so I was eager to try it out. The monitor was connected to an Intel NUC with Windows 11 installed. The touchscreen felt very slow, despite the displays 75Hz refresh rate. I don't know its polling rate, but compared to my iPad, it felt unresponsive. I heard that Windows 11 reduced touch functionality; the first thing I experienced was that no touch keyboard pops up, when I click in a text box. Maybe there was a hardware keyboard connected; maybe there is an option to toggle; I don't know. I concluded that it is unergonomic to use a 24" touchscreen monitor; you have to move your hands more to reach for buttons than on a smaller touchscreen. I didn't test these horrible fake touch screens pens for drawing. If you want to draw, get a Surface Studio or a Wacom.

I hope I can help someone looking for a touchscreen with this review. I can't tell yet whether the person who wanted this monitor likes it and decides to keep it in the long run.

T24t-20 #1 2022-02-10 10-18 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icm