i5-12400f or ryzen5 5600x

Marek Weiss
Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,

If it's the same price get the 12400F. They perform very similar and you can upgrade the 12400F to a 12900K which is close to a 5950X and much cheaper. Not only that but you'll probably be able to use 13th gen CPU's, while AMD is on the last for the current platform.

I just cant decide what cpu. I want to know what cpu is faster. For intel im gonna buy fera 5, but for amd im gonna use stock cooler. With mother board, new ram and cooler for intel both cost the same.

If it's the same price get the 12400F. They perform very similar and you can upgrade the 12400F to a 12900K which is close to a 5950X and much cheaper. Not only that but you'll probably be able to use 13th gen CPU's, while AMD is on the last for the current platform.

12400F might perform slightly better in games since it's newer. They have same core count and 5600X has slightly higher core clock, but IPC might be slightly lower because it's a year older. Assuming board for 12400F has Multicore optimization and you give it good cooling, it might perform better in multicore too.

All things considered and if cost estimation is the same in your case, I'd actually probably take the 12400F. Or wait for AMD's new Ryzen 6000 series that are few months away I'm guessing...

On 1/29/2022 at 1:04 PM, RejZoR said:

12400F might perform slightly better in games since it's newer. They have same core count and 5600X has slightly higher core clock, but IPC might be slightly lower because it's a year older. Assuming board for 12400F has Multicore optimization and you give it good cooling, it might perform better in multicore too.

All things considered and if cost estimation is the same in your case, I'd actually probably take the 12400F. Or wait for AMD's new Ryzen 6000 series that are few months away I'm guessing...

Alrighty, thanks.