Why isnt my hardware performing as others?

Pavel11

Hey guys, I was looking around for what people get in game fps with the same hardware as me, I was very suprised that in some cases they got like 100 fps more than me. Have been trying to do everthing basic and it does not work, anyone has suggestions? 

specs

r5 3600

rtx 3060 ti 

32gb 3600 mhz ram

b450f am4 

m.2 480 gb

1 tb ssd

Basically this dude gets like 100 more fps in average with the same stuff as me 😞

are you playing at the exact same resolution as them? are you running more background programs than them? are you running max, low, or mixed settings? do you have vsync on? a lot of variables that can make a difference.

Because random videos on youtube are not an indication of how your system should perform.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Are you sure that DOCP [XMP for AMD] is enabled? If not, your RAM is running at 2666MHz which is not ideal by ANY means for Ryzen. 

What resolution do you play on? what settings do you use? (most people that want huge fps boost, put graphics down to low and 1080p)

Do you have all drivers up to date?

Are you sure you have no malicious software and running all kind of apps or programs in the back?

Did you get as another user said XMP (or amd equievelent on)?

Can you specify your brand and model for the 3060ti? (from what I can see, the user have a either self or factory clocked 3060ti)

That gam also have DLSS now ? right. I reckon that is on as well.

The settings the user use is everyting on the lowest settings + v-sync off and no anti-aliasing and on 1080p resolution. This is done to get as much fps as possible.
Personally (I have gronw to old I guess) I don´t care as long as I have 144 fps stable in a shooter (sometimes that does not even matter to me, unless its a comepetitive frag shooter like what you see or csgo) Games I don´t really don´t play tbh.

Every system and every hardware wary, even the same models, but again, from what I can see, the GPU atleast is clocked. I have personally always tried to balance my builds out as much as possible and then just gone for what "I want" in terms of performance.

My final advice.

Tweak your graphics to what you want and by all means downscale it as much as you can and go 1080p if you just care about FPS. It is a matter of subjectivity I guess and you should find out what you want, not what some random youtuber or me for that sake thinks (I am biased as well after all)

48 minutes ago, Sahl said:

What resolution do you play on? what settings do you use? (most people that want huge fps boost, put graphics down to low and 1080p)

Do you have all drivers up to date?

Are you sure you have no malicious software and running all kind of apps or programs in the back?

Did you get as another user said XMP (or amd equievelent on)?

Can you specify your brand and model for the 3060ti? (from what I can see, the user have a either self or factory clocked 3060ti)

That gam also have DLSS now ? right. I reckon that is on as well.

The settings the user use is everyting on the lowest settings + v-sync off and no anti-aliasing and on 1080p resolution. This is done to get as much fps as possible.
Personally (I have gronw to old I guess) I don´t care as long as I have 144 fps stable in a shooter (sometimes that does not even matter to me, unless its a comepetitive frag shooter like what you see or csgo) Games I don´t really don´t play tbh.

Every system and every hardware wary, even the same models, but again, from what I can see, the GPU atleast is clocked. I have personally always tried to balance my builds out as much as possible and then just gone for what "I want" in terms of performance.

My final advice.

Tweak your graphics to what you want and by all means downscale it as much as you can and go 1080p if you just care about FPS. It is a matter of subjectivity I guess and you should find out what you want, not what some random youtuber or me for that sake thinks (I am biased as well after all)

I mean i have overclocked my gpu as well, clean install windows with all necessary drivers and no programs running. In other games i get like valorant i tend to get more fps, as it is the cpu that is stopping. I’m quite sure that if i overclocked the ram i would get more fps. The game isn’t that optimized, and after buying 240hz monitor i am hungry for stable 240+ fps. I was thinking that the cpu maybe slows it down as well as the ram cuz the timings are not the best ones. As well as when i go to bios to the c.o.o.p mode the ram wants to stay at 3200mhz with cl 19. I thought it was 3600mhx with 16cl. Just can’t get it to work at that rate as pc won’t boot.

1 hour ago, Pavel11 said:

I mean i have overclocked my gpu as well, clean install windows with all necessary drivers and no programs running. In other games i get like valorant i tend to get more fps, as it is the cpu that is stopping. I’m quite sure that if i overclocked the ram i would get more fps. The game isn’t that optimized, and after buying 240hz monitor i am hungry for stable 240+ fps. I was thinking that the cpu maybe slows it down as well as the ram cuz the timings are not the best ones. As well as when i go to bios to the c.o.o.p mode the ram wants to stay at 3200mhz with cl 19. I thought it was 3600mhx with 16cl. Just can’t get it to work at that rate as pc won’t boot.

Fair enough. I can´t say why you don´t get as much FPS as others, but if everything is as it should and you run great FPS in other games, then most likely you are running the game as you should.. might be a matter of optimization.

Have you tried tightening RAM timings or loosening them and running higher frequency? RAM OCing can be very fickle and you aren't guaranteed to get XMP speeds anyway.

Just put of curiosity, you aren't thermal throttling are you?

If you run HWInfo64, is your GPU pegged or are you CPU bound with a few cores maxed out?

19 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

Have you tried tightening RAM timings or loosening them and running higher frequency? RAM OCing can be very fickle and you aren't guaranteed to get XMP speeds anyway.

Just put of curiosity, you aren't thermal throttling are you?

If you run HWInfo64, is your GPU pegged or are you CPU bound with a few cores maxed out?

No aint even close to thermal throttling, running at 50 celcius on cpu and 45 on gpu *(, have this weird thing with my ram, as the xmp mode does not allow me to run ram at 3600mhz only at 3200 with 19 cl timing, but the ram is set to be 3600 cl16 i believe. 

20 hours ago, Sahl said:

Fair enough. I can´t say why you don´t get as much FPS as others, but if everything is as it should and you run great FPS in other games, then most likely you are running the game as you should.. might be a matter of optimization.

Yup, just weird to be honest as i cant understand the ram situation 😞

Why isnt my hardware performing as others

Well, is it?

Random youtube video tells us nothing , plus we don't know your actual  settings, background processes, etc.

Download free demo of 3dmark from Steam and run FIRESTRIKE test and link the results here to see if anything is wrong with your setup.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity