New build won’t recognize my Nvme drive

Agamemnian
Go to solution Solved by Agamemnian,
4 hours ago, Agamemnian said:

I’ve set it to:

Launch CSM: Enabled

Boot device control: UEFI and Legacy OPROM

When I apply the change though at save and exit as soon as it goes back into BIOS and CSM is disabled again 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorted it. 

Under the exit menu there was an option for loading EFI profile from USB and when I did that and restarted Nvme showed up. 

Windows is now installed and I’m a happy camper. 

Thanks for trying to help 

Hey guys

I’ve put together a new build using an Asus TUF Z690-Plus WiFi D4 and the only storage device I’m using is a Sabrent Rocket Nvme 4.0

i know the mobo should support this drive as it can support up to pcie gen 5

The problem is when I go into bios under storage info it shows that the device is there.

However when I try and use the window boot media it says there are no bootable drives installed. 

Going back into bios advanced mode if I go to advanced/Nvme controller and drive information it says there is no Nvme device found. 

im guessing there must be a setting somewhere I need to enable. but I’m totally lost. 

can anyone help point me in the right direction?

1 hour ago, Agamemnian said:

Hey guys

I’ve put together a new build using an Asus TUF Z690-Plus WiFi D4 and the only storage device I’m using is a Sabrent Rocket Nvme 4.0

i know the mobo should support this drive as it can support up to pcie gen 5

The problem is when I go into bios under storage info it shows that the device is there.

However when I try and use the window boot media it says there are no bootable drives installed. 

Going back into bios advanced mode if I go to advanced/Nvme controller and drive information it says there is no Nvme device found. 

im guessing there must be a setting somewhere I need to enable. but I’m totally lost. 

can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Try enabling/disabling CSM (Compatibility support module) in BIOS. That might help.

6 hours ago, Real_NC said:

Try enabling/disabling CSM (Compatibility support module) in BIOS. That might help.

I’ve set it to:

When I apply the change though at save and exit as soon as it goes back into BIOS and CSM is disabled again 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Agamemnian said:

I’ve set it to:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorted it. 

Under the exit menu there was an option for loading EFI profile from USB and when I did that and restarted Nvme showed up. 

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, Agamemnian said:

Sorted it. 

I have some problem can u send me the file EFI Profile or know me How i get it please