Idle Mining help and advice / Should I do it ??

Hello Guys and Gurls,

I was wondering if I should have my PC Idle mine since I live on campus and just have my pc on 24/7 since I can at this point. As well that how do I get started with idle mining and is my Pc able to handle it with the parts I have currently in it. My desktop is custom built with a 3070 ti Zotac AMP, 32 GB 3600 mhz DDR4 Ram, and a  MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Gaming Motherboard. As well do you guys recommend it or will it ruin my system in the long run.

Thank you for your feedback and help!

I appreciate yall !!!

For a single GPU the profit just isn't there for a solo operation, even at free electricity cost. You'd have to mine as part of a pool to get a smaller amount of that profit. Especially with minimum payouts. I'd save the effort

20 minutes ago, Barlo said:

Hello Guys and Gurls,

I was wondering if I should have my PC Idle mine since I live on campus and just have my pc on 24/7 since I can at this point. As well that how do I get started with idle mining and is my Pc able to handle it with the parts I have currently in it. My desktop is custom built with a 3070 ti Zotac AMP, 32 GB 3600 mhz DDR4 Ram, and a  MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Gaming Motherboard. As well do you guys recommend it or will it ruin my system in the long run.

Thank you for your feedback and help!

I appreciate yall !!!

Depends on what coin you mine and your electricity cost

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

1 hour ago, Cheeki said:

For a single GPU the profit just isn't there for a solo operation, even at free electricity cost. You'd have to mine as part of a pool to get a smaller amount of that profit. Especially with minimum payouts. I'd save the effort

thats not true?

with eth it should me more than profitable with even with one gpu and high electricity prices, once you join a pool. a 3070ti gets 50-60mh with lhr, and with he programs with partial lhr breaks its like 80mh or something

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Check what your university's policy is on using campus utilities in this fashion. It's not "free" electricity if you get suspended or disciplined.

[edit] and hopefully your roommates are cool with your PC fans blasting at 100% speed for months (if you have any)

3 hours ago, Cheeki said:

Really? I bought a GPU for gaming, and in my off time, I've been mining with it. Assuming Bitcoin goes back up over $60,000/btc, I will have mined enough to pay for a quarter of the card, and that's just on again, off again mining during the autumn and winter. That's after counting electricity costs.

I'm not mining to get rich quick, I'm mining to keep my room warm in the winter, and to pay for the card itself. Once it's paid off, then maybe I'll use the money to buy a new CPU, or maybe not. And on the point of electricity costs, I've actually saved on my natural gas bill, my electricity bill has gone up less than my gas bill has gone down.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv