Building a new PC, which CPU to use with my 1660S GPU?

pma567
Go to solution Solved by GhostRoadieBL,
49 minutes ago, pma567 said:

Very god point. The ram makes god sense and more storage for games also makes sense. I will go for that.
PSU 600 or 750w? I would Think 600w would do it fin, mayby Pure Power from be Quiet. Now all I need is a good at case with RGB. Any suggestions? Thx a million for your help.

600W should be fine, go for the 750w if you plan to put a 3070 or something similar like a 2080 in the system

cases,

Matrexx 55 v3 is nice but you have to move the front fans to inside the case instead of between the case and front panel so they can breathe.

iCUE 220T RGB Airflow would also be a decent choice. They're pricey but you get some good fans with it so overall it's a decent deal.

18 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

600W should be fine, go for the 750w if you plan to put a 3070 or something similar like a 2080 in the system

cases,

Matrexx 55 v3 is nice but you have to move the front fans to inside the case instead of between the case and front panel so they can breathe.

iCUE 220T RGB Airflow would also be a decent choice. They're pricey but you get some good fans with it so overall it's a decent deal.

One last Q: when I add psu, pcpartpicker says: “

• Note: The Asus PRIME Z690-P WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Cooler Master V700 700 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.”

is that importent? Should I find another psu, or Can I ignore it? Even if I change the MOBO, I still get the same massage. 

12 minutes ago, pma567 said:

is that importent? Should I find another psu, or Can I ignore it?

Most z690 boards have an 8pin and another 4 or 8pin for cpu power, if you are going to be manually overclocking with custom cooling (liquid nitrogen) some cpus can draw over 360watts and require extra power.

You can ignore that because you probably won't see more than 150 or 200watts on your cpu.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

54 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Most z690 boards have an 8pin and another 4 or 8pin for cpu power, if you are going to be manually overclocking with custom cooling (liquid nitrogen) some cpus can draw over 360watts and require extra power.

You can ignore that because you probably won't see more than 150 or 200watts on your cpu.

Ok thx

2 hours ago, pma567 said:

Ok thx

3 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

I Think I will go with the Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard instead. It has more usb/rgb more cooling. Only 40 usd more.

19 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

I can read online that wifi6 includes bluetooth. But when I look at specs from AUS boards, it says nothing about it. Intel even says that wifi6 comes with bluetooth ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/wireless/wi-fi-6-series.html ). It would be handy with bluetooth on MOBO, then I save a UBS port. Do you know if wifi6 always contains bluetooth?

EDIT: From what I can tell, bluetooth is comming with Wifi6