Using 3 pin fans with my cpu cooler

Hey,

I just bought the be quiet silent wing 3 high fan speed edition but that is a 3 pin fan so it does not take pwm signals from my motherboard (runs at full speed when connected) but, can I use a fan splitter to adapt the 3 pin to the motherboard 4 pin? Shouldn’t that work?

motherboard: as rock 550m steel legend.

Fan splitter planning to use: SilverStone 100mm CPF02 Black PWM Fan Splitter Cable (support 3 pin connection)

Maybe your BIOS will let you choose between DC and PWM fan? I'm not sure what the splitter would do but maybe worth a try. 3-pin fans should work with 4 pin headers just without PWM though.

You need to use an adapter instead of a hub, because you are plugging it into the CPU_FAN header on your ASRock motherboard.

4 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

You need to use an adapter instead of a hub, because you are plugging it into the CPU_FAN header on your ASRock motherboard.

Can you suggest one?

Just go in the bios and switch it. Assuming it cant auto detect.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz