Gaming laptop with longest battery life?

I'm at the point where I'm looking for an unfussy sidegrade, and want a gaming laptop with the absolute best battery life. 

Doesn't even have to be a gaming laptop. I have a GTX 1060 in my current laptop and anything with that level of performance will do fine. I just want something sturdy with an enormous battery life so I can take it to school and not worry about charging it. But I do want the option for some light gaming when I feel like it.

Or is it worth waiting for the new AMD 6000 APUs with RDNA2 gpu cores?

Wait for the new Ryzens,  wait for a model with big capacity battery.

The current Ryzen laptops have 8-10 hours of battery (calculated by playing a video at lower brightness screen or something like that)

30 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Wait for the new Ryzens,  wait for a model with big capacity battery.

The current Ryzen laptops have 8-10 hours of battery (calculated by playing a video at lower brightness screen or something like that)

Fair. I'm also wondering if cloud gaming is far along enough that I can just buy the M1 Macbook Air so I can have Logic and Final Cut again. 

Cloud Gaming seems very capable and fine, however probably not for any competetive Games due to extra latency.

If you need a local machine the Asus G15 t the time is the king for battery life but with other machines with intel alderlake coming up you might as well wait

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

On 1/28/2022 at 7:07 AM, soundlogic said:

I'm at the point where I'm looking for an unfussy sidegrade, and want a gaming laptop with the absolute best battery life. 

Doesn't even have to be a gaming laptop. I have a GTX 1060 in my current laptop and anything with that level of performance will do fine. I just want something sturdy with an enormous battery life so I can take it to school and not worry about charging it. But I do want the option for some light gaming when I feel like it.

Or is it worth waiting for the new AMD 6000 APUs with RDNA2 gpu cores?

Currently the asus g15 BUT I'd wait a bit and see what all the new latpops bring that are launching starting this month. Even a new version of the g15.