Motherboard Haunted? (Super natural activity!)

Hopefully the title got your attention. Obviously I'm not serious but there is no logic with my problem so that can only points towards a mysterious entity within my mobo🤔👻

Problem: If I shut down my Pc overnight or for some long period of time. It will not turn on again

If I turn it off briefly, it will boot again if without issue. 

I have bridged the pins on the 24 pin connector and confirm the PSU is supplying power. 

The only way I get get it to turn on is not based on any logic, connections, electronic components. It based on random luck without any input from myself. 

I will attempt to turn it on numerous times, just mashing the power button. Nothing happens, I try again 10 minutes later, an hour later, 2 hours later. Nothing! 

Then when I'm not even in the same room as the pc, it will boot by itself! 👻

also take note I have confirmed the problem is not the switch itself. (I have also bridged these pins to confirm it will not start like that that)

PC:

Asus Prime X470 Pro

Ryzen 3700X

G Skill 32GB 3600Mhz

2070 Super

Samsung Evo 1TB SSD

I have tried everything, full disassemble, reassemble with only the basic hardware, confirm connections, test power on main cables. But what is comes down to is the mobo will not boot until a random time that it feels like it. My only idea could be something to do with a capacitor, perhaps not charged enough? who knows. 

I don't want to buy a new motherboard as it works perfectly when it's turned on. I just don't turn it off anymore. but sometimes it just happens and I can't use my PC

What would the next point to troubleshoot, test with multi meter? 

Any real advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

This may be a stupid question, but how sure are you that you're bridging the right pins?

47 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

Hopefully the title got your attention. Obviously I'm not serious but there is no logic with my problem so that can I only points towards a mysterious entity within my mobo🤔👻

Problem: If I shut down my Pc overnight or for some long period of time. It will not turn on again

If I turn it off briefly, it will boot again if without issue. 

I have bridged the pins on the 24 pin connector and confirm the PSU is supplying power. 

The only way I get get it to turn on is not based on any logic, connections, electronic components. It based on random luck without any input from myself. 

I will attempt to turn it on numerous times, just mashing the power button. Nothing happens, I try again 10 minutes later, an hour later, 2 hours later. Nothing! 

Then when I'm not even in the same room as the pc, it will boot by itself! 👻

also take note I have confirmed the problem is not the switch itself. (I have also bridged these pins to confirm it will not start like that that)

PC:

Asus Prime X470 Pro

Ryzen 3700X

G Skill 32GB 3600Mhz

2070 Super

Samsung Evo 1TB SSD

I have tried everything, full disassemble, reassemble with only the basic hardware, confirm connections, test power on main cables. But what is comes down to is the mobo will not boot until a random time that it feels like it. My only idea could be something to do with a capacitor, perhaps not charged enough? who knows. 

I don't want to buy a new motherboard as it works perfectly when it's turned on. I just don't turn it off anymore. but sometimes it just happens and I can't use my PC

What would the next point to troubleshoot, test with multi meter? 

Any real advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

BIOS update? You sure the power button is plugged into the correct header pins?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

1 hour ago, Real_NC said:

This may be a stupid question, but how sure are you that you're bridging the right pins?

For the 24 pin connector, bridge pin 4&5 your fans turn on. (on my pc) 

For Power switch pins its written PWR_SW

1 hour ago, LIGISTX said:

BIOS update? You sure the power button is plugged into the correct header pins?

BIOS is recently updated. Currently at the latest version and patch. 

PWR switch pins bridged do not start the PC either so it's no a problem with the switch. 

Furthermore, how would that explain the PC turning on on its own if the switch was broken. The switch is fine

10 hours ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

For the 24 pin connector, bridge pin 4&5 your fans turn on. (on my pc) 

For Power switch pins its written PWR_SW

According to the manual, your motherboard uses a standard 20-5 pin PANEL layout for it's front panel connectors. Please send a picture of what you're doing.

Also, if you're bridging pins from the 24-pin power connector, there's a plastic shield there for a reason. Don't do that.

Try setting your memory to 3200MT/S 1.35v, and your fclk to 1600.. that might help. I have it in my head that its a memory issue. I think that a lot though when I see some peoples problems.. I got lucky with mine, but from what I understand Ryzen can be annoyingly picky at times.

AMD R7 5800X3D @ -28 | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x  8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact |1x T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

12 hours ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

BIOS is recently updated. Currently at the latest version and patch. 

PWR switch pins bridged do not start the PC either so it's no a problem with the switch. 

Furthermore, how would that explain the PC turning on on its own if the switch was broken. The switch is fine

If the switch was broken it could be making sporadic bridge signals…. Like if it was just almost shorted all the time…

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air