Will it fit series : "Be Quiet! BK022 DARK ROCK PRO 4 cooler" into "ROG STRIX Z590-I motherboard"

FRATH

Greetings fellow friends,

I am considering for a new system build, and decided to use ROG STRIX Z590-I as my MO/BO. I am using be quiet products with all my current and old pcs whenever I can and I always been happy with their performance and esthetics. So right now I am considering DARK ROCK PRO 4 for my build. However be-quiet! website shows DARK ROCK PRO4 as incompatible with my motherboard. But no details given. I don't know if that incompatibility issue is because of ram height (which could be easily fixed by using low profile RAM sticks), or totally incompatible because of the bulk of the cooler and design of the motherboards own VRM cooling will interfere each other.

My older system (Sorry I cannot remember the motherboard exact model, but it was a mini itx gigabyte board), also used to have a "be quiet" cooler; DARK ROCK PRO 3, and my motherboard was incompatible according to the website, or I could not be able to confirm their compatibility via web sources, as far as I remember. None the less, I bite the bullet and purchased them, and they fit snug, with low profile ram sticks, perfect fit, just like factory assembly 🙂

Now after a couple of years later, I am stuck with exact same problem, but now, I am wiser than last time, and decided to ask my fellow pc enthusiasts about this first, hoping to hear some opinions, even possible fix/answer to my question. And if I ever go that same road again, I will sure update here about whether this cooler/mobo pair will fit or not. 

(sorry for my English, since its not my native language)

The Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is compatible with the LGA 1200 socket, but has trouble with a lot of smaller form factor boards. If you click on the warning icon from THIS PAGE, you will see that the issue is due to RAM clearance. Low profile RAM may work, but it is not a guarantee. You may be better off finding a cooler which is designed with ITX boards in mind.

6 minutes ago, Real_NC said:

The Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is compatible with the LGA 1200 socket, but has trouble with a lot of smaller form factor boards. If you click on the warning icon from THIS PAGE, you will see that the issue is due to RAM clearance. Low profile RAM may work, but it is not a guarantee. You may be better off finding a cooler which is designed with ITX boards in mind.

Thank you very much for your swift response. Yeah turns out I have to hover with my mouse on the warning icon, and wait for the info to be pop up in the be quiet website. Prior, I tried clicking to exclamation mark but no info showed, so thank you. One other thing I have noticed is, DARK ROCK "PRO" is shown with "X" which means not compatible at all, but I was hoping this was because ram height compatibility issues. But after your answer, I rechecked the website again, and saw the warning icon of the non PRO version saying "ram compatibility issues", so right now I am probably sure PRO version is not going to fit, regardless of RAM height etc, Otherwise it should be that same warning on the PRO version too.  it seems be quiet website took into consideration of that RAM compatibility issues too. Now I figured. Thank you very much dear "Real_NC" for informing that.