Mobo for a Ryzen 5 3600

Subjext

Hi

I am building a computer with a ryzen 5 3600 and am wanting so help with a motherboard. I was looking at the msi 6550m pro vdh wifi but heard that the combo has many issues. Has anyone here had this?

I then looked at the gigabyte b550m ds3h ac gaming but I don't know if it is right for me.

I am looking for a matx or atx motherboard with at least one m.2 slot, 4 dim slots with 2 channel ram, multiple rgb headers, multiple fan headers, preferably onboard wifi and bluetooth, a good selection of ports and it needs to be budget friendly with the price being below or around $130 USD.

I appreciate your input 

Cheers

First, do you already have the 3600 or are getting it for a really good price (<=$150 USD)? If not, look at the lower end Alder Lake CPUs and B660 motherboards instead. They're better performance for less money. Unless you have one of the 2-3 workloads that favor AMD, something like a 12100F will outperform it in single core while only being marginally beaten in multi core for ~$110. 

If you already have it or got it at a really good price, the boards I'd look at would be the TUF Gaming B550-Plus from ASUS. It has a lot of really good features, but it is missing WiFi so be aware. That Gigabyte board would be a good option, but it's missing any sort of Debug LEDs, and even for a budget motherboard I wouldn't consider anything that doesn't have them. The B550M Pro VDH is a good option, I haven't personally heard of anyone having issues with it. If you wouldn't mind sending a link to where you read that it has issues, I'd like to see it. The TUF board is enough better that if WiFi isn't a necessity I would go for the TUF board instead, but if it is I wouldn't feel bad about going for the MSI board.

Edited by RONOTHAN##
Fixed price

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

First, do you already have the 3600 or are getting it for a really good price (<=$150 USD)? If not, look at the lower end Alder Lake CPUs and B660 motherboards instead. They're better performance for less money. Unless you have one of the 2-3 workloads that favor AMD, something like a 12100F will outperform it in single core while only being marginally beaten in multi core for ~$110. 

If you already have it or got it at a really good price, the boards I'd look at would be the TUF Gaming B550-Plus from ASUS. It has a lot of really good features, but it is missing WiFi so be aware. That Gigabyte board would be a good option, but it's missing any sort of Debug LEDs, and even for a budget motherboard I wouldn't consider anything that doesn't have them. The B550M Pro VDH is a good option, I haven't personally heard of anyone having issues with it. If you wouldn't mind sending a link to where you read that it has issues, I'd like to see it. The TUF board is enough better that if WiFi isn't a necessity I would go for the TUF board instead, but if it is I wouldn't feel bad about going for the MSI board.

that is the link for the reddit

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I already have the 3600 and can't switch to Intel or something.

I could consider getting the tuf board and a wifi card. Are wifi dongles any good? 

Unfortunately wifi is a necessity as I can't get access to Ethernet where my pc is going.

Thanks for your help.

13 minutes ago, Subjext said:

Are wifi dongles any good?

USB ones are iffy. PCIe ones are usually pretty good. 

If you can afford the $10-20 for a WiFi module, then go for the TUF, it really does seem like the best value for this price range.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

USB ones are iffy. PCIe ones are usually pretty good. 

If you can afford the $10-20 for a WiFi module, then go for the TUF, it really does seem like the best value for this price range.

Ok, thank you very much