Gtx 1660s

Oddx

Hello, so I have been having this problem for about a week or so. My gpu has been on life support, when idling with only task manager open it idles at 45°c convert to 116°f. It randomly ramps up while idling. While using “furmark” it ramps of course but it sounds like a hard drive that is dying, no it’s not a hard drive it’s just the gpu. I’ve cleaned it reseated it many times. Still just overheating or just fans ramp up, I don’t believe it’s oc by accident, but any other reasons it’s just ramping up to fast as soon as I start say furnark the graph shows the fans ramping basically instantly. so I don’t know if anyone can help me out but I would appreciate it if anyone can help - if you wanna talk on discord my discord is Oddx#6240

1 minute ago, Oddx said:

when idling with only task manager open it idles at 45°c convert to 116°f. 

FYI, nobody uses Fahrenheit temps for discussing computer components. You can just give the temp in C. 

You haven't mentioned any temps that actually constitute overheating. 45 C at idle is fine. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

FYI, nobody uses Fahrenheit temps for discussing computer components. You can just give the temp in C. 

You haven't mentioned any temps that actually constitute overheating. 45 C at idle is fine. 

I just put the Fahrenheit just incase but thanks, and I just added what I thought would be ok to know. But thanks

FurMark is a torture test. It will make your video card run as hot as possible. Which is normal behavior. 

It would be nice to have a list of system specs too. In particular the video card spec. 

(The video card is what you think is overheating right?? Or am I misreading this one?)

1 minute ago, Oddx said:

I just put the Fahrenheit just incase but thanks, and I just added what I thought would be ok to know. But thanks

I don't see that you've added anything to your post.

What temperature is the card reaching when you think it's overheating? 

The fans ramping up as soon as Furmark starts is basically what I would expect. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

I don't see that you've added anything to your post.

What temperature is the card reaching when you think it's overheating? 

The fans ramping up as soon as Furmark starts is basically what I would expect. 

Yeah, I don't use furmark for more than a decade after seeing it kill GPUs. Unigene Heaven is a better test imo. A bit more realistic.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Yeah, I don't use furmark for more than a decade after seeing it kill GPUs. Unigene Heaven is a better test imo. A bit more realistic.

Well Heaven is way out of date as an actual performance benchmark but yeah letting it just run for a while is usually a decent stability test. 

Just now, Middcore said:

Well Heaven is way out of date as an actual performance benchmark but yeah letting it just run for a while is usually a decent stability test. 

True true. I should have said Unigene Super position. muh bad. 😛 

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

FurMark is a torture test. It will make your video card run as hot as possible. Which is normal behavior. 

It would be nice to have a list of system specs too. In particular the video card spec. 

(The video card is what you think is overheating right?? Or am I misreading this one?)

I got a core I5 10600kf then the 1600s 6gb just two ssd 16gb ram and a hard drive. Basic stuff there but I think it’s just ramping to hard and maybe overheating, the part of me idling and it ramping to about 50c makes me think the overheating part but I knew furmark doesn’t go easy on it.

Just now, Oddx said:

I got a core I5 10600kf then the 1600s 6gb just two ssd 16gb ram and a hard drive. Basic stuff there but I think it’s just ramping to hard and maybe overheating, the part of me idling and it ramping to about 50c makes me think the overheating part but I knew furmark doesn’t go easy on it.

50 C is not overheating, or anywhere close.

What temp does it reach during the Furmark stress test? Not sure how much more clearly we can ask this. 

1 minute ago, Oddx said:

What exact 1660 super is it? Usually the fans on those cards aren't super loud (at least in comparison to blower style coolers).

What is the cpu cooler?? Are you sure it's the Gpu and Not the CPU???

Just now, Middcore said:

50 C is not overheating, or anywhere close.

What temp does it reach during the Furmark stress test? Not sure how much more clearly we can ask this. 

Well Ik 50c isn’t overheating I said about but I know if I’m not giving good info I’m just as probably confused as you. I’m just tired of this. But the furmark temp gets to 60c I’m honestly sorry if this isn’t good info I’m just trying to get the done with I’m really tired of it 

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

What exact 1660 super is it? Usually the fans on those cards aren't super loud (at least in comparison to blower style coolers).

What is the cpu cooler?? Are you sure it's the Gpu and Not the CPU???

I got the gigabyte gtx 1660s 6gb two fans also I don’t think it’s the cpu bc just having a live wallpaper triggers it if yk what I mean 

1 minute ago, Oddx said:

But the furmark temp gets to 60c

Not remotely close to overheating. 60C is actually damn chilly for Furmark. You are not describing a problem. 

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Not remotely close to overheating. 60C is actually damn chilly for Furmark. You are not describing a problem. 

It wasn’t done testing fully that’s just what I remembered I pulled it back up and currently getting 71

2 minutes ago, Oddx said:

It wasn’t done testing fully that’s just what I remembered I pulled it back up and currently getting 71

Also not close to overheating. 

Just now, Middcore said:

Also not close to overheating. 

I’m sorry honestly. Like I said I’m not sure if this is even good info I’m just saying what I know 

1 minute ago, Oddx said:

I’m sorry honestly. Like I said I’m not sure if this is even good info I’m just saying what I know 

You're just not describing a problem. You say your card is "on life support" but no info you've given presents any reason to think there's anything wrong with it at all. The temperatures both at idle and under load are well within acceptable parameters. Fans make noise when they run at high speeds. 

Unless there's something else you haven't told us yet you should stop worrying and wasting your time repasting your card over and over and go on your merry way. 

It really sounds to me like the cpu cooler or a high powered case fan.... The way you describe the noise. 

Fan noise is good. So how about those CPU temps.

Is the processor running hot? Again, what cpu cooler are you using??

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

You're just not describing a problem. You say your card is "on life support" but no info you've given presents any reason to think there's anything wrong with it at all. The temperatures both at idle and under load are well within acceptable parameters. Fans make noise when they run at high speeds. 

Unless there's something else you haven't told us yet you should stop worrying and wasting your time repasting your card over and over and go on your merry way. 

I just heard a thump thump heart beat in my head and started laughing out loud. 

One thing for certain, I don't think it's going to flat-line any time soon. --^--^--^---^^^---^^-----^-------^-------------------------eeeeeeee

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It really sounds to me like the cpu cooler or a high powered case fan.... The way you describe the noise. 

Fan noise is good. So how about those CPU temps.

Is the processor running hot? Again, what cpu cooler are you using??

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t read the cpu cooler. I have a cooler master cpu cooler i don’t know what kind I don’t remember but ya cou temps using fermark cpu all core are around min 54 max 68-70c

Just now, Oddx said:

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t read the cpu cooler. I have a cooler master cpu cooler i don’t know what kind I don’t remember but ya cou temps using fermark cpu all core are around min 54 max 68-70c

Perfectly fine. 

Just now, Oddx said:

That 70c is making the CPU cooler command 100% duty cycle. 

Try changing your fan profile perhaps. 

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Will try thanks. 

30 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Ok so. I changed cpu speeds I can confirm it’s not the cpu. It is in fact the gpu fans. Temps don’t look bad I thought it was over heating I guess it’s not. Speed of the fans are about 65% used from furmark. If I had to describe the sound I’d say it sounds like grinding. Could just be the fans being noisy for some issue but I’m not even sure  but changing the speed for the cpu did lower the temps ofc to min 50 to max around 58-60c