Creating XMP profile for 2 slightly different sticks

4b33r

I currently have the following 2 sticks running in the same channel, I don't know much about RAM, could you please guide me on how to create an XMP profile that would work with them.

hx421c14fb2/8

hx430c15fb3/8

Both are kingston hyperX fury DDR4 8GB.

The kingston spec sheet website is currently under maintenance.

You'd want to run it at the speed of the slower stick, in this case, the 2133 one. If the system lets you just use that profile, do so. Otherwise, just copy the RAM settings for that stick. The 3000 speed one should have no trouble downclocking to match it.

If you want to squeeze more performance out, you'll need to run faster, which means overclocking the 2133 stick. It's hard to say how that would go.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

You'd want to run it at the speed of the slower stick, in this case, the 2133 one. If the system lets you just use that profile, do so. Otherwise, just copy the RAM settings for that stick. The 3000 speed one should have no trouble downclocking to match it.

If you want to squeeze more performance out, you'll need to run faster, which means overclocking the 2133 stick. It's hard to say how that would go.

Aight, what about the timings and the latencies though? Should I just set them both to the slower one among the two? Also one's sticker says 1.2v and the other one is 1.35v. Just wanna make sure I don't destroy them.

4 minutes ago, 4b33r said:

Aight, what about the timings and the latencies though? Should I just set them both to the slower one among the two? Also one's sticker says 1.2v and the other one is 1.35v. Just wanna make sure I don't destroy them.

The 1.2v should be fine, considering that they'll be running at 2133. I'd just set everything to the settings for the 2133 stick.

3 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

The 1.2v should be fine, considering that they'll be running at 2133. I'd just set everything to the settings for the 2133 stick.

The CL of the 2133 one is actually lower than the other one, so I would be "overclocking?" the other one. The sepcsheets are as follows - 

https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX421C14FB2_8.pdf

https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX430C15FB3_8.pdf

5 hours ago, 4b33r said:

The CL of the 2133 one is actually lower than the other one, so I would be "overclocking?" the other one. The sepcsheets are as follows - 

https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX421C14FB2_8.pdf

https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX430C15FB3_8.pdf

CL is measured in clock cycles, not absolute time. 2133 CL14 is a lot slower in terms of latency than 3000 CL15, because the former means it requires about 13 nanoseconds while the latter requires 10 nanoseconds. Any way you slice it, you are greatly slowing down the 3000 CL15 stick.

14 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

CL is measured in clock cycles, not absolute time. 2133 CL14 is a lot slower in terms of latency than 3000 CL15, because the former means it requires about 13 nanoseconds while the latter requires 10 nanoseconds. Any way you slice it, you are greatly slowing down the 3000 CL15 stick.

I just created profiles with the following settings

2133MHZ at 1.2V

CL      17

Trcd   17

Trp     17

Tras   34

Also Tried

2133MHZ at 1.2V

CL      15

Trcd   17

Trp     17

Tras   32

everything else is set to auto

it works but while rebooting (unplugging, NOT rebooting from windows) the pc still switches on/off 3 times before booting.

17 minutes ago, 4b33r said:

I just created profiles with the following settings

2133MHZ at 1.2V

CL      17

Trcd   17

Trp     17

Tras   34

Also Tried

2133MHZ at 1.2V

CL      15

Trcd   17

Trp     17

Tras   32

everything else is set to auto

it works but while rebooting (unplugging, NOT rebooting from windows) the pc still switches on/off 3 times before booting.

Restarting several times when changing memory settings is normal - the motherboard and CPU are doing memory training. Once it's done, the computer should work normally

Or are you saying that it now does this every time the computer powers on?

20 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Restarting several times when changing memory settings is normal - the motherboard and CPU are doing memory training. Once it's done, the computer should work normally

Or are you saying that it now does this every time the computer powers on?

Yup, it does this every time it is unplugged and powered back on.

8 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Empty CMOS battery probably. Replace the CR2032.

In the BIOS the battery voltage is fine