Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WoodyPC #3

Ameubius
 Share

Qkuben1.thumb.jpg.5463bdda5d2d88573e34893c6e000622.jpgQkuben2.thumb.jpg.6ee2cba8d39b1cedfe3912c8fa3a8b29.jpgQkuben3.thumb.jpg.af377028f9cd9128534044c40938fa21.jpgQkuben4.thumb.jpg.d5011184a6e1437dee6346fad1bff094.jpgQkuben5.thumb.jpg.4cdc514c065f79a0462baf08eab44d11.jpgQkuben6.thumb.jpg.78287d23b773fbda237a21de9439d298.jpg20220127_215412.thumb.jpg.b01de767e7d57440d60cdf6583e8ec1a.jpg

 

My current ongoing project.

 

Inner volum approximately 20L

 

9900K

ITX MOBO

280mm AIO (CPU cooler)

3080ti (Asus Rog Strix OC)

750W Seasonic prime ultra platinum (ATX-PSU), but after discussion here I've upgraded to a 1000W Seasonic GX Focus with the same dimensions.

2TB Samsung SSD

32GB 3200MHZ CL14 RAM

 

 

The idea here is to make a separate air intake and exhaust for the GPU from the bottom to the right side.

Likewise, the MOBO and PSU gets fresh air form the left side, escaping through the radiator at the top (cooling the CPU).

 

I originally planned it somewhat different, but I think the newer plan looks more optimized.

 

In the pictures following below, I show some of the steps creating this unik case.

 

The outer dimensions are approximately 366mm x 366mm x 183mm (DxHxW), thus half a cube. 

 

 

Edited by Ameubius
Changes in original plan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ameubius said:

20220127_215412.thumb.jpg.b01de767e7d57440d60cdf6583e8ec1a.jpg

 

My current ongoing project.

 

Inner volum approximately 20L

 

9900K

ITX MOBO

280mm AIO (CPU cooler)

3080ti (Asus Rog Strix OC)

750W Seasonic prime ultra platinum (ATX-PSU)

 

 

 

Careful there with that psu it might not handle the 3080ti even tho it's an excellent unit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

Careful there with that psu it might not handle the 3080ti even tho it's an excellent unit.

Yeah! I hope it'll be fine. I've made 3 separate custom length eight pins cables to avoid potential trouble. Theoretically the system might draw upwards of 600-650W, so I guess it'll be sufficient?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ameubius said:

Yeah! I hope it'll be fine. I've made 3 separate custom length eight pins cables to avoid potential trouble. Theoretically the system might draw upwards of 600-650W, so I guess it'll be sufficient?

It's more the spiking of the 3080ti. It can go stupid high. It's basically a 3090 and that card overwhelms very good 850w units. So does the 3080ti but to a little lesser extent. So if it shuts off you know why :p.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's more the spiking of the 3080ti. It can go stupid high. It's basically a 3090 and that card overwhelms very good 850w units. So does the 3080ti but to a little lesser extent. So if it shuts off you know why :p.

I guess you're right, but maby not very likely under normal combined loads from both CPU+GPU? I'll likely not be running Fumark+Cinebench very often... Anyhow, I have a 850W SFF PSU from CoolerMaster as backup. Reason why I plan to use the Seasonic unit is because it actually fits into my build. Its only 14 cm long, thus the smallest ATX I could find. I've had it for some while and it's a splendid power supply, but I'm aware 750W might be a bit limited. Thanks for the warning 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ameubius said:

I guess you're right, but maby not very likely under normal combined loads from both CPU+GPU? I'll likely not be running Fumark+Cinebench very often... Anyhow, I have a 850W SFF PSU from CoolerMaster as backup. Reason why I plan to use the Seasonic unit is because it actually fits into my build. Its only 14 cm long, thus the smallest ATX I could find. I've had it for some while and it's a splendid power supply, but I'm aware 750W might be a bit limited. Thanks for the warning 🙂

Oh I was speaking of under normal loads like just gaming. You have a backup already in case it doesn't work so you are set either way. Good luck on the case!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, jaslion said:

Oh I was speaking of under normal loads like just gaming. You have a backup already in case it doesn't work so you are set either way. Good luck on the case!

OK, thanks I bought a SS focus gx 1000w now, so I won't  have to worry. The 850w CM is planned for other use anyway. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 11:09 PM, Ameubius said:

20220127_215412.thumb.jpg.b01de767e7d57440d60cdf6583e8ec1a.jpg

 

My current ongoing project.

 

Inner volum approximately 20L

 

9900K

ITX MOBO

280mm AIO (CPU cooler)

3080ti (Asus Rog Strix OC)

750W Seasonic prime ultra platinum (ATX-PSU)

 

 

 

IMG_20210906_224944.thumb.jpg.27d95f22020b58d8f571aa72f0a6306b.jpg

A couple older pics

Edited by Ameubius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I glued one side at the time.

20220206_183814.thumb.jpg.400183c6d9e7bb67eb6f1e81a159f0e1.jpg

The bottom section si finally glued in place.

20220209_122240.thumb.jpg.e799c896e7c24f508b9ab7c94d745b25.jpg

The joints look nice at the front, and likewise at the rear.

20220209_122308.thumb.jpg.a0e5055940a8d9a40f7a4028ae2f9c9e.jpg

I will round off the edge later on the router table.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:19 PM, Ameubius said:

IMG_20210906_224944.thumb.jpg.27d95f22020b58d8f571aa72f0a6306b.jpg

A couple older pics

20220127_215428.thumb.jpg.bc903a8894181f7744ff8f34d5a6e47b.jpg20220129_194335.thumb.jpg.77bff3b03cd2decdb4b1a2aaaf94c7df.jpg

The radiator fits nice. It'll be held by two aluminum angle bars mounted to the inner walls. I need to place some treaded inserts for the screws, and I'll start gluing the pieces together. Afterwards I'll  cut out the rest of the holes at the front and back. Stay tuned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Illustrations showing heat movement inside the case, where the GPU gets a separate path, hopefully reducing the load on the other components. The Strix model is ideal because I can connect the two 140mm fans directly to its two fan headers, thus controlling their RPM by the GPU interface.

 

Qkuben7.thumb.jpg.72fb42eba3ab4dd8a0bc2d478bd27f50.jpg

FRONT VIEWQkuben8.thumb.jpg.9dbafb24e0e1be8bfce98165ddd8063d.jpg

REAR VIEW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a well thought out solution. Very curious to see how the temps will be with GPU separated from the rest. If its good, then I see this becoming somewhat of a standard approach. Great work 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PriitM said:

Looks like a well thought out solution. Very curious to see how the temps will be with GPU separated from the rest. If its good, then I see this becoming somewhat of a standard approach. Great work 🙂 

Thanks, I have some experience with isolating the GPU's intake, and it works well for the temp, but the heat output usually has a negative effect on the rest of the internal components. I feel the trick is to quickly exhaust the heat on the outside,  but ensure it's not pulled in again by one of the other intake fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×