15 dollar Be Quiet! or 35 dollar noctua?

ArcticApe

Hello!

My old computer case has some old, shitty CM fans that are really loud and only 3 pin so I cant turn them down (AFAIK..). Are the extra bucks worth it for noctua? Thx!

I have a 92mm pure wings, running at 100% all the time (sleeper case) and it's literally absolutely silent unless you basically put your ear into the fan and then you just get the air wooshing around

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

You can use a voltage controller to regulate the speed of your current fans. 

Some mbs can regulate fan volt but if yours cant then just do some janky wiring and hook up a buck step down converter to your fans so you can lower their voltage, this will demolish aesthetics depending on how you do it so beware of that

Connecting fans wise just get one of those cheapo molex powered chinese fan hubs, solder the +12v and gnd to the boost converter and now you have headers for the fans to plug into

i have pure wings3 and my noctuas absolutely eat them for breakfast.

hence the rule "when in doubt, always noctua" was created. : D

ps: i missed the absurd pricing… here its more like 9 for bequiet and 12 for comparable noctuas 

heres my case fans, the best non industrial u can get imo. 14 not 35 in amazon of us of A.  where are u buyin op?

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-redux-1700-high-Performance-Award-Winning-Affordable/dp/B07CG2PGY6

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I have a ton of Noctua and Be Quiet Fans. On the lower end, the Pure Wings and the Redux are pretty comparable. I tend to like the tone that Be Quiet fans make slightly better, but it’s splitting hairs. On the upper end of the stack, I put the Noctua ahead especially if you’re spending for the Noctua NF-A12.  Really, you can’t go wrong with either. I find most fans people recommend to be garbage, Noctua and Be Quiet are the only ones I have found to actually be silent at lower speeds and pleasant to the ear when they ramp up. 

I prefer Noctua fans over others. I recently got a few Arctic P12 fans and they are pretty good as well though, especially for the price.

Noctua redux fans are good (I have them on my GPU and one on my CPU cooler) but they don't come with all the extra goodies and they aren't the newest designs. Full price Noctua fans come with an extender, splitter (run 2 fans on 1 header), low noise adapter (makes them run at lower rpm with a resistor so no need for bios control) and anti vibration pads for the corners.

I have Noctua fans that are 5+ years old and perform exactly like they did when new.

If you can afford them, I'd recommend them. Otherwise go with bequiet, or even cheaper, Arctic P12/P14.