Which Snapdragon is most bang for buck?

Charkel

I am looking to buy my mother a tablet. I don't have a reference of which snapdragon is acceptable as I'm trying to spend as little as possible (<2000 SEK about 220USD) because she usually never use my tech gifts... If she likes it we can look at a more expensive in the future when she know if she likes big screens etc. just dont want the first one to be a laggy mess.

As it's often not the same prices/models in Sweden as in the us/ca we better talk chips instead.

I think google translate works for this swe pricehunting site im using: https://classic.prisjakt.nu/kategori.php?k=1594

So what should I look for? RAM i'm thinking 3gb+ should be enough

8 minutes ago, Charkel said:

I am looking to buy my mother a tablet. I don't have a reference of which snapdragon is acceptable as I'm trying to spend as little as possible (<2000 SEK about 220USD) because she usually never use my tech gifts... If she likes it we can look at a more expensive in the future when she know if she likes big screens etc. just dont want the first one to be a laggy mess.

As it's often not the same prices/models in Sweden as in the us/ca we better talk chips instead.

I think google translate works for this swe pricehunting site im using: https://classic.prisjakt.nu/kategori.php?k=1594

So what should I look for? RAM i'm thinking 3gb+ should be enough

2GB is enogh for web browing and youtube videos for that price there are other better chips from mediatek etc... maybe just buy the most recent fire tablet from amazon or the P11 thry have good reviews

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

Overall, the CPU itself doesn't really matter. Tablets are a complete package. If the tablet in general has the features you need and is well reviewed, you're good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Are refurbish/renewed iPads something you can get in your region? Any iPad is going to be a better experience overall, and I'm not an Apple person. 

For reference after a quick search, Amazon has Renewed 2018 iPad 9.7"s for $195. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, rickeo said:

Are refurbish/renewed iPads something you can get in your region? Any iPad is going to be a better experience overall, and I'm not an Apple person. 

For reference after a quick search, Amazon has Renewed 2018 iPad 9.7"s for $195. 

I have worked as a refurbisher (10.000 units repaired) I can always buy damaged and do my own repairs 😉