3080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid freezes randomly in all games.

Gnobshobble

Every game runs perfectly fine fps wise, turning up or down settings has not effect. fTMP does not exist in my current bios version. Have tried a fresh install of 511.23 drivers after DDU twice. GPU and CPU temps fine. In some games like doom freezes last less than a second but happen near constantly. In other games like destiny 2 freezes are sporadic and last up to 2 or 3 seconds. RAM is functioning fine and turning off or on XMP does nothing. 850W PSU has not problems power wise. GPU utilization does not spike or drop in accordance with freezes. Windows running off an M.2 drive. Event viewer not reporting anything to do with video or audio drivers. No overclock.

• Windows 10 pro 64 bit
  • MSI pro gaming edge wifi
  • Rysen 9 5900x
  • 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB RAM (3200MHz XMP profile 1)
  • 3080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid (stock)
  • WD Black SN750 500gb
  • Corsair something (850W 80+ gold)

Honestly freezing or hitches can be one of many things. 

Is the game drive nearly full?

Is the monitors settings properly dialed in?

Do you have anything to show the type of freezing and hitching? Because there are subtle differences.

Game drive is not nearly full, I've tested a few games off of both SSD and HDD.

Monitor settings might be an issue, it have my main monitor plugged into display port 2 when it was originally plugged into display port 1 on my old graphics card. I'll fiddle around with that today.

I'll try and pinpoint a way of showing what kind of hitch but best I can describe it's like the video freezes but the game keeps running.

7 hours ago, Gnobshobble said:

Game drive is not nearly full, I've tested a few games off of both SSD and HDD.

Monitor settings might be an issue, it have my main monitor plugged into display port 2 when it was originally plugged into display port 1 on my old graphics card. I'll fiddle around with that today.

I'll try and pinpoint a way of showing what kind of hitch but best I can describe it's like the video freezes but the game keeps running.

after messing around with where things are plugged in and with what cable, it's not a monitor thing. Interestingly when I go into minecraft of all things it looks like the problem is huge frame time spikes happening at random. it seems to be when loading new areas and in other games new animations as well. looking in task manager, the GPU and CPU are barely being used (20-40 percent in minecraft, 60 -90 in destiny). In minecraft where the spikes are much more frequent turning down settings does seem to help, although does not completely alleviate.