My laptops fan is hitting the bottom of my laptop.

I have a dell inspiron 15 5510 and my fan is hitting the bottom of my laptop. It makes a super loud clicking noise and I have no idea how to fix it. I know it is hitting the bottom because when I flip over the laptop it stops hitting it and making the noise and when I press down on the area next to the fan the sound gets louder. Is there any way I can fix this myself? Has anyone else ever dealt with an issue like this? I have thorougly cleaned the fan.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, dean_5234 said:

I have a dell inspiron 15 5510 and my fan is hitting the bottom of my laptop. It makes a super loud clicking noise and I have no idea how to fix it. I know it is hitting the bottom because when I flip over the laptop it stops hitting it and making the noise and when I press down on the area next to the fan the sound gets louder. Is there any way I can fix this myself? Has anyone else ever dealt with an issue like this? I have thorougly cleaned the fan.

open up the laptop and screw in the fan tighter, or try to push the hub back into its mount on the motor

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

27 minutes ago, dean_5234 said:

Is it possible you're hearing a dying fan instead? The bearing inside may be getting worn out, and you may need a replacement.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

A friend of mone had this too on his old Toshiba. One fan replacement later the issue was gone

2 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

A friend of mone had this too on his old Toshiba. One fan replacement later the issue was gone

Yeah I might just try to find a fan. Theyre not online but similar ones are that I could macgyver.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

I usually try to mcguyver the grille/shroud and bend it away from the spinning blades.  Do this WITHOUT touching the fan or its spindle.