2019 intel MBP external monitor (over heating)

Working

hi, 

I know asking about macs on here is not the most popular thing but this has been driving me nuts. I know that it is a known issue but I'm trying to see if there is anything else I can try. 

As soon as I connect my laptop to an external monitor it gets extremely hot and practically useless after any app is running and frequently hit legs.
I have tried clamshell mode with HDMI, usb C to DP, and just USB C cable and no lock on all. 

It is always over heating. With hdmi and then USB C to DP it can stay quiet if nothing much is going on (which never happens with USB C) but then when I need to get work done with basic excel or anything else i can lots of lags. 

I know the M1 chip don't have these issues but $4500 laptop...just want it to last me a another year or so at least.  

13 minutes ago, Working said:

I know that it is a known issue but I'm trying to see if there is anything else I can try. 

Clean it. MBP main issue has always been cooling and blowing off the dust on the fan might help to mitigate. Also, to answer your other thread no it wont help at all because wired or not, your display is still processed by the gpu either integrated or the dedicated Radeon GPU inside.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:41 PM, SorryClaire said:

Clean it. MBP main issue has always been cooling and blowing off the dust on the fan might help to mitigate. Also, to answer your other thread no it wont help at all because wired or not, your display is still processed by the gpu either integrated or the dedicated Radeon GPU inside.

Thank you. I've already opened it and cleaned it. The issue with the Intel MBP is not the integrated GPU. It's that when an external display plugs in the dedicated GPU kicks in even when it's not needed. The 2015 MBP didn't have these issues. It all started started when they went to 4 USB C port