Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stop dual boot going straight to android

Mel0nMan
 Share

Recently got this kiosk that dual boots Windows and Android. Ever since I booted into Android for the first time it won't go back to Windows 10. If I select Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS it still goes to Android - there's a software called wintoand that is doing it, I will never use Android on it, any tips on removing it? Install Ubuntu on the thing, wipe the whole drive or something? It used to come up with a boot menu to select Windows/Android but it no longer does that.

Thanks! 

 

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say wipe it but be wary of drivers if you want to use Windows or Linux, if it's a kiosk the hardware could be weird. You could delete only the Android partition and keep Windows.

 

Is it CE?

Using a shitcoin irl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Caroline said:

I'd say wipe it but be wary of drivers if you want to use Windows or Linux, if it's a kiosk the hardware could be weird. You could delete only the Android partition and keep Windows.

 

Is it CE?

No, it's basically a Windows 10 thin client with a touchscreen slapped on it. Quadcore Atom, 2gb of DDR3 so can't be anything too hard to track down drivers to from the age of the hardware

 

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Nuke it then 🚀

Will do, I've had issues with those thin clients not booting from Ubuntu install USBs though for some reason. 

Any clue if the SD slot might be bootable and I could just boot an installed distro from it? 

 

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Will do, I've had issues with those thin clients not booting from Ubuntu install USBs though for some reason. 

Any clue if the SD slot might be bootable and I could just boot an installed distro from it? 

idk what the kiosk is, but I've used the slot to install distros on some netbooks and it was definitely bootable.

 

My rule of thumb is: avoid Rufus. I've used BalenaEtcher for the netbooks, check it out.

Using a shitcoin irl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

idk what the kiosk is, but I've used the slot to install distros on some netbooks and it was definitely bootable.

 

My rule of thumb is: avoid Rufus. I've used BalenaEtcher for the netbooks, check it out.

Yeah I haven't had luck with Rufus in the past. 

 

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×