Stop dual boot going straight to android

da na

Recently got this kiosk that dual boots Windows and Android. Ever since I booted into Android for the first time it won't go back to Windows 10. If I select Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS it still goes to Android - there's a software called wintoand that is doing it, I will never use Android on it, any tips on removing it? Install Ubuntu on the thing, wipe the whole drive or something? It used to come up with a boot menu to select Windows/Android but it no longer does that.

Thanks! 

Just now, Caroline said:

I'd say wipe it but be wary of drivers if you want to use Windows or Linux, if it's a kiosk the hardware could be weird. You could delete only the Android partition and keep Windows.

Is it CE?

No, it's basically a Windows 10 thin client with a touchscreen slapped on it. Quadcore Atom, 2gb of DDR3 so can't be anything too hard to track down drivers to from the age of the hardware

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Nuke it then 🚀

Will do, I've had issues with those thin clients not booting from Ubuntu install USBs though for some reason. 

Any clue if the SD slot might be bootable and I could just boot an installed distro from it? 

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

idk what the kiosk is, but I've used the slot to install distros on some netbooks and it was definitely bootable.

My rule of thumb is: avoid Rufus. I've used BalenaEtcher for the netbooks, check it out.

Yeah I haven't had luck with Rufus in the past.