Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need opinions pls

Go to solution Solved by Daniel-DuDa,

Thank you everyone!

Here it is the final build:

1643388626594.thumb.jpg.ba0cc754ec8c2c76da286b34a81256be.jpg

 

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 Preta TG
Board: MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4
CPU: Intel i5 12600k
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: old MSI GTX 980
PSU: Corsair RM 750X (2021) 80+ Gold
RAM:  G.Skill Kit 32GB 2*(2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Ripjaws V Black Ver. B CL16

Storage: Samsung 970 500GB | WD Blue 1TB | Crucial MX500 1TB

 

Total cost: 986€ (without storage and GPU)

 

EDIT
The case is so big that everything inside looks underwhelming.

Love the no RGB element of it

Budget (including currency): 1000

Country: Portugal

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tarkov, League of legends, Anno 1800, Intellij, Vidual Studio, some VM Lab testing

 

With the help of another user I think I came up with my next build.

CPU: Inter i5 12600K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Need to check if it comes with a compatible mount tho)

Mobo: Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 Wifi

RAM: G.Skill Kit 16GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Ripjaws V Black Ver. B CL16  

PSU: Corsair RM 750X (2021) 80+ Gold (would keep my previous one rm650i but it only has 1 EPS 8pin connector)

GPU: My old GTX 980

 

I kinda need help to choose a good case (good airflow and cable management)

What do you think? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Daniel-DuDa said:

RAM: G.Skill Kit 16GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Ripjaws V Black Ver. B CL16  

Is this a 2x8 16 GB kit or a 4x8 32 GB kit? After some research, it seems like VM testing would be pushing you towards the 32 GB range. If you plan to upgrade, I would look for a 2x16 GB kit so you have room for more RAM if your tests require more.

 

Also do you have a plan for storage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sourced these parts into one list & the value is impressive, well done. You'd get better mileage with an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 ($90) over the NH-D15, but I fully understand the concerns of an AIO if that's what guided your decision.

 

I recommend the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance for a build like this. It has all the bells & whistles + excellent out of the box thermals. If you're also looking for storage drives, Samsung 970 Evo Pluses are actually reasonably priced right now.

If you or a loved one has been condemned to using a Dell or hp product, you are automatically entitled to compensation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BeastyB314 said:

Is this a 2x8 16 GB kit or a 4x8 32 GB kit? After some research, it seems like VM testing would be pushing you towards the 32 GB range. If you plan to upgrade, I would look for a 2x16 GB kit so you have room for more RAM if your tests require more.

 

Also do you have a plan for storage?

Hi mate

It is basically 2 kits of 2x8GB. I can't find any 4x8GB anywhere. 

I will use my old storage which is; Samsung 970 500GB NMVE, Crucial MX500 1TB and WD Blue 1TB

 

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Forleb said:

I sourced these parts into one list & the value is impressive, well done. You'd get better mileage with an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 ($90) over the NH-D15, but I fully understand the concerns of an AIO if that's what guided your decision.

 

I recommend the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance for a build like this. It has all the bells & whistles + excellent out of the box thermals. If you're also looking for storage drives, Samsung 970 Evo Pluses are actually reasonably priced right now.

 

I was using a Corsair GTX110i (I think it is the correct model) but somehow it seemed that pump was working more the fans.

I don't know if I set it up wrong or if it was just like that.

 

After watching some videos, mainly linus's, It appears those gigantic coolers from noctua seem not only more silent and somewhat more efficient. Do you think otherwise?

 

I have heard about those cases before, gonna have a look then. (My main objective is performance, don't really care about glass panels or rgb).

 

Thanks
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniel-DuDa said:

My main objective is performance, don't really care about glass panels or rgb

Funnily enough lots of the good cases do have RGB and glass side panels. There are lots of good options out there, here are some:

 

MSI MAG FORGE 100R

Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh

Fractal Design Meshify C

Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Lian Li LANCOOL 215

Corsair 4000D Airflow

 

Build looks good. I would recommend the 12700K if you can afford it. I feel that the 2 extra p cores will give the PC a much better longevity for games that come out in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Funnily enough lots of the good cases do have RGB and glass side panels. There are lots of good options out there, here are some:

 

MSI MAG FORGE 100R

Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh

Fractal Design Meshify C

Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Lian Li LANCOOL 215

Corsair 4000D Airflow

 

Build looks good. I would recommend the 12700K if you can afford it. I feel that the 2 extra p cores will give the PC a much better longevity for games that come out in the future.

Yo

After checking all of those cases I really liked the Fractal Design Meshify C (can get it for 80€) and was looking at the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh and found out the performace variant (110€).

Might go for the fractal one since it seems a really good deal (it's on sale), just need to check if it can fit the beefy noctua D15.

 

Thanks

 

EDIT

Sorry the actual case is Fractal Design Meshify S2 not the "C" one need to check if it is as good:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone!

Here it is the final build:

1643388626594.thumb.jpg.ba0cc754ec8c2c76da286b34a81256be.jpg

 

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 Preta TG
Board: MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4
CPU: Intel i5 12600k
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: old MSI GTX 980
PSU: Corsair RM 750X (2021) 80+ Gold
RAM:  G.Skill Kit 32GB 2*(2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Ripjaws V Black Ver. B CL16

Storage: Samsung 970 500GB | WD Blue 1TB | Crucial MX500 1TB

 

Total cost: 986€ (without storage and GPU)

 

EDIT
The case is so big that everything inside looks underwhelming.

Love the no RGB element of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×