PC restart on games with high/ultra settings

Aqua Panda

Hi, its been weeks now since I'm having a problem with my rig.

I'm a fan of playing games on high ultra since I bought my new CPU, GPU and PSU.

At first, I didn't have any problems running the games on High/Ultra settings (Battlefield 5, Battlefield 2042, GTA V)

After some time of playing I eventually experience reboot most of the time, I can only play them for like 5-10 mins then boom it reboots.

I've done some troubleshooting on my PC, I even reformat my PC just to make sure nothing is ruining my system. But still it happened,

It's still rebooting itself.

By the way my rig is:

B450M

Rx Vega 64

16gb of 2 for 3200mhz

ryzen 7 3700x

650w 80+ bronze

I hope anyone can help. Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience.

15 minutes ago, Aqua Panda said:

Hi, its been weeks now since I'm having a problem with my rig.

I'm a fan of playing games on high ultra since I bought my new CPU, GPU and PSU.

At first, I didn't have any problems running the games on High/Ultra settings (Battlefield 5, Battlefield 2042, GTA V)

After some time of playing I eventually experience reboot most of the time, I can only play them for like 5-10 mins then boom it reboots.

I've done some troubleshooting on my PC, I even reformat my PC just to make sure nothing is ruining my system. But still it happened,

It's still rebooting itself.

By the way my rig is:

B450M

Rx Vega 64

16gb of 2 for 3200mhz

ryzen 7 3700x

650w 80+ bronze

I hope anyone can help. Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience.

hi so did u download u gpu drivers or updated it cause most of the time this is the main problems or do u hear any knid of noises or anything from u pc

cause this problems might be cpu bases storage based gpu based or even ram based

but first delete u gpu drivers then redownload it and see if it fixed the problem

but before that try to play one of the games with low settings and then medium settings and see if the computer still reboots or not

I've had problems where my pc will reboot because of RAM being faulty or not properly seated so you can take a look at that.

Otherwise if it's only when running demanding games, it could very well be that your PSU has issue keeping up with demand, so spikes in energy requirement might tip off your system and result in shutdowns or reboots.

In case you identify it's your PSU, you might be able to undervolt both your cpu or gpu to get a little headroom there until you can afford a different unit.

If you have something that regulates wattage in your outlet, maybe try to use the pc without it or viceversa.

It sound like either a ram issue or psu not keeping up with your system.

You could also try a different version of the gpu drivers as AMD ones can be a little funky sometimes.