After Windows 11 Update I can't use my PC

GameR69

Hello, I received the update for Windows 11 today and after downloading and installing it using the windows update, I shut down my PC (it worked perfectly after the update and had no issues using the system) and when I tried to turn it back on again, it went into infinite loop of start up repair. I tried all the troubleshooting options to recover and use the PC again but there were no restore points available nor did start up repair fixed anything. I also noticed from opening "notepad.exe" > save as that my OS drive which used to be C: is now I: and I have no idea how to change it back to C: and I don't know if that'll fix the issue. Please help! Thank you!

PC Specs :

AMD Ryzen 3 3200g

16GB DDR4 

AMD Rx 560 4GB

128GB NVME SSD (Boot Drive)

500GB HDD

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (now Win 11 I guess)

isn't that as intended? .. .. 

try to get into troubleshooting mode and uninstall last patch.. see if that works. 

windows boots from a different partition in that mode so it looks weird with C on a different letter. 

8 minutes ago, Robchil said:

isn't that as intended? .. .. 

try to get into troubleshooting mode and uninstall last patch.. see if that works. 

windows boots from a different partition in that mode so it looks weird with C on a different letter. 

I've tried to uninstall but it gives an error that it's not able to uninstall it. I suspect because it's not detecting the OS Drive as it's no longer C: but instead I: 

It also instead made C: drive my a different drive which is used for storage and not OS

32 minutes ago, GameR69 said:

Hello, I received the update for Windows 11 today and after downloading and installing it using the windows update, I shut down my PC (it worked perfectly after the update and had no issues using the system) and when I tried to turn it back on again, it went into infinite loop of start up repair. I tried all the troubleshooting options to recover and use the PC again but there were no restore points available nor did start up repair fixed anything. I also noticed from opening "notepad.exe" > save as that my OS drive which used to be C: is now I: and I have no idea how to change it back to C: and I don't know if that'll fix the issue. Please help! Thank you!

PC Specs :

AMD Ryzen 3 3200g

16GB DDR4 

AMD Rx 560 4GB

128GB NVME SSD (Boot Drive)

500GB HDD

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (now Win 11 I guess)

Oh well, It's a good thing that you still have 10 days to revert back to your Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Just download a USB bootable UEFI Win10 Pro 64bit installer. Install using repair options. Do not reformat any drive. So you can still keep your files. Repair Windows using the same drive C:\ you used before you upgraded to Win11. Good luck!