What phone should I get after my one plus 6T ?

beaussan

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a new phone, my one plus 6T is near his end of life, so I'm looking for a new phone. I can also wait a few month for a hypothetical release of a phone, but I need to change it before summer.

What I'm looking for :

* Nice camera

* Really nice and snappy UI / overlay, I really loved oxygen os 11

* A fast fingerprint reader (the one on the 6T is really slow and unreliable, like 3 to 5 second scan, when my finger is found...)

* Not a iPhone (I have nothing on the apple ecosystem and don't plan to)

* A flagship than can hold for at least 4 to 5 years

I had a bad experience with the Samsung ui 6 years ago, but I don't have any friends that have a Samsung flagship, is it better ?

Also, with the Oppo merge, I don't know if Color os will hold on to the Oxygen os standards, and it seems like they settled with the 10, so I don't really now what phone to get.

Any recommendations ? 

So I'm when I moved from the 5T to the 6T I really didn't like the in display finger print reader. In fact I still don't like any of them, it's a poor location, and none of them I think work as well as a dedicated sensor. That being said... I replaced my 6T with an 8T and the fingerprint sensor on it works much better than the 6T. 

The good thing about OnePlus is there are generally well supported in the development community. If you don't like Oxygen or Color OS, install something different. I've run Lineage since day one. 

2 hours ago, beaussan said:

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a new phone, my one plus 6T is near his end of life, so I'm looking for a new phone. I can also wait a few month for a hypothetical release of a phone, but I need to change it before summer.

What I'm looking for :

* Nice camera

* Really nice and snappy UI / overlay, I really loved oxygen os 11

* A fast fingerprint reader (the one on the 6T is really slow and unreliable, like 3 to 5 second scan, when my finger is found...)

* Not a iPhone (I have nothing on the apple ecosystem and don't plan to)

* A flagship than can hold for at least 4 to 5 years

I had a bad experience with the Samsung ui 6 years ago, but I don't have any friends that have a Samsung flagship, is it better ?

Also, with the Oppo merge, I don't know if Color os will hold on to the Oxygen os standards, and it seems like they settled with the 10, so I don't really now what phone to get.

Any recommendations ? 

I'd see how the Galaxy S22 shapes up (the launch event is February 9th) before making a judgment call. OneUI is different now than what you saw six years ago, and even if it's not flawless... it'll at least have some speedy hardware attached.  Samsung is also one of the very few Android vendors to commit to more than a couple of years of major OS updates, so it should stay reasonably current for four years or so.

If not that... well, I'd say a Pixel 6, but the fingerprint reader isn't super-fast (much faster than 3-5 seconds to be sure, just not the fastest) and I'm not sure if the January update addressed the glitchiness users were reporting. If those aren't obstacles, though, you'll get a fast UI, good cameras and the best OS update policy outside of the iPhone.

I too am using OnePlus 6T for last 3 years. Initial review of Android 12 (Color OS) for OnePlus 9 and 9 pro have been very bad so far, and the botched up job they did for Android 11  for OnePlus 6T had been enough to dissuaded me from further OnePlus devices. I had some hopes from Samsung S21 FE but it turned out to be not so great either. Meanwhile S22 is coming in the future but compared to OnePlus prices, it's going too expensive. I am thinking about going for a budget phone next months, maybe Realme 9 Pro, use it for a year or so and look for better options after that.