Connecting multiple uplink ports between 2 switches

Reikalingas
Go to solution Solved by Robchil,

i don't know that spesific brand of switches, but those i know you have to set the ports to an etherchannel team on cisco, and trunk on hp etc. and enable the port aggregation, 

search documentation on the switch if that is possible, just out of the box if you connect 3 ports 2 will be shut down due to spanning tree, it's most often enabled, if it's not you should. 

another question is ... why? .. these have 1GB ethernet ports as standard?.. 1 port should be enough for a 24 port switch, and use the second port as failover. How many gigabit ports are you looking to have on each? will the backplane support 24G throughput? since that will be the max on a 24 port gigabit switch. if you have 2 etherchannel teams, to different switches we'll start talking about getting that bandwith maximized, . but you need 50GBit backbone for that to work, or it will just throttle to slowes link speed. 

there are different modes on link aggregation too, failover are active inactive, there should be one active active too,  if it works with 3 ports on each is another topic, as link aggregation usualy are set up for pairs. 

on cisco active active only works between switches. in like VMware hosts you connect single ports and VMware will team and loadbalance their use. 

Edit; saw they are 10GB ports, well, you should be able to get 2 or 4 ports into  portbundling and there for have 100 or 50Gbit if their software support it. 

... yes.. in this review, and some of the comments down on the video it says it should work. 

Switch Pro Aggregation from UniFi has 4 ports with 25G. if I have two same switches and I connect both of them with 3 cables through 25G ports, will that work, if it does will it improve the speed between two switches or will it create loops and network will crash? Thanks

https://eu.store.ui.com/collections/unifi-network-routing-switching/products/unifi-switch-aggregation-pro

i don't know that spesific brand of switches, but those i know you have to set the ports to an etherchannel team on cisco, and trunk on hp etc. and enable the port aggregation, 

search documentation on the switch if that is possible, just out of the box if you connect 3 ports 2 will be shut down due to spanning tree, it's most often enabled, if it's not you should. 

another question is ... why? .. these have 1GB ethernet ports as standard?.. 1 port should be enough for a 24 port switch, and use the second port as failover. How many gigabit ports are you looking to have on each? will the backplane support 24G throughput? since that will be the max on a 24 port gigabit switch. if you have 2 etherchannel teams, to different switches we'll start talking about getting that bandwith maximized, . but you need 50GBit backbone for that to work, or it will just throttle to slowes link speed. 

there are different modes on link aggregation too, failover are active inactive, there should be one active active too,  if it works with 3 ports on each is another topic, as link aggregation usualy are set up for pairs. 

on cisco active active only works between switches. in like VMware hosts you connect single ports and VMware will team and loadbalance their use. 

Edit; saw they are 10GB ports, well, you should be able to get 2 or 4 ports into  portbundling and there for have 100 or 50Gbit if their software support it. 

... yes.. in this review, and some of the comments down on the video it says it should work. 

51 minutes ago, Robchil said:

learned something new today - aggregation of the ports, thank you