GU10 LED bulbs that are NOT a reflector type?

RejZoR

Anyone has any insight on why there is literally ZERO bulbs with GU10 socket that are not reflector type, but a small regular bulb/globe/cylinder/tube instead? I have a lamp on ceiling that has 4x GU10 230V reflector bulbs, but I'd prefer if light actually goes in all directions and not only where the bulb is pointed at. But I just can't find any, anywhere. Not even AliExpress which is usually a gold mine of all unconventional designs, but no luck. Amazon.de that's now flooded with Chinese no name brands, no luck either. What's the deal?

There are some adapters from GU10 to G9 for which there are small bulbs that glow in all directions, but this adapter makes it very cumbersome/oversized (it would stick out of the glass shroud way too much) and these G9's are mostly up to 20W of effective light which is a bit meh.

Image of GU10 socket below on a reflector type bulb. I want same socket, but with regular small glass bulb above it...

led-bulb-gu10-3-5w-35w-275lm-4000k-cold-white.jpg

Socket type doesn't strictly define it's a "spot" light. E27 or E14 can have bulb or reflector/spot bulbs. Same for G4 and G9. Why is GU10 only this and nothing else.

GU10 are designed to be integrated into walls/ceilings, so that's why there are no such bulbs.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

9 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

GU10 are designed to be integrated into walls/ceilings, so that's why there are no such bulbs.

They are not. There is tons of lights with GU10 that mount on ceiling or wall and not into it.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:02 PM, RejZoR said:

Why is GU10 only this and nothing else.

There is no technical reason other than bulb weight as to what bulb type is fitted with a GU10 base, however because it evolved from low voltage halogens it has simply grown to be way more common in deep socket down lights and spotlights.

The market has essentially made it into a pseudo standard,  there just aren't that many GU10 sockets that can take a larger wide spread bulb as there are GU10's in deep sockets for down lights and spotlights.   Therefore no one makes GU10 bulbs in the style you want.   If you want spread then I suggest changing the socket to one of the more common BNC or ES types.  Then you'll have a plethora of choices.  

I personally got sick of the narrow and/or dim light that I was getting from  typical LED's, so I installed an array of LED baton style lights.  Shits all over down lights or single bulbs for everyday things.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.