Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Apex Legends "Loading and compiling shaders"

podkall

I'm pretty sure the game shouldn't do this on every single launch,

not only that, the numbers slowly rise, until they hit around 4300/6000 where it suddenly either skips or gives up or something.

I already tried installing latest drivers on GPU, disabling than enabling shader cache and than restarting PC afterwards.

When I give advice I use my experience and google, I know alot, but not everything.

Have a question? - quote me = I'll respond instantly or in a day (if it's longer than 2 days, don't expect me to come back soon)

Specs I have experience with:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Currently using:

Ryzen 3 1200 | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

1 hour ago, podkall said:

I'm pretty sure the game shouldn't do this on every single launch,

not only that, the numbers slowly rise, until they hit around 4300/6000 where it suddenly either skips or gives up or something.

I already tried installing latest drivers on GPU, disabling than enabling shader cache and than restarting PC afterwards.

it shouldn't actually do that only like once when you update your drivers but does it take long or is it quick .

7 hours ago, XeliGamer said:

it shouldn't actually do that only like once when you update your drivers but does it take long or is it quick .

It takes painfully long and than suddenly it's "done" when it hits 4300/6000MB

When I give advice I use my experience and google, I know alot, but not everything.

Have a question? - quote me = I'll respond instantly or in a day (if it's longer than 2 days, don't expect me to come back soon)

Specs I have experience with:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Currently using:

Ryzen 3 1200 | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

12 hours ago, podkall said:

It takes painfully long and than suddenly it's "done" when it hits 4300/6000MB

try this if you did download the game through origin you can right click on the apex legends game and select verify game files could possibly be some of your game files is corrupt give that a shot should be the same if you downloaded the game via steam there is an option there as well I can't remember correctly but it should be repair game files something like that. If that doesn't fix your problem then I don't know what could be the issue there last resort would be uninstalling apex legends and reinstalling it hope this helps .

i have not seen a single game yet where this actually works - even HZD where it almost worked gave up at 94% or so… 

the problem is likely some conflicts as every app seems to have its own shader cache, like steam, nvidia and the games themselves… bugs gonna bug…

anyways you can try deleting the contents of "shader cache" (can also be called "local cache" etc) in the game folder , but make a backup of the shader cache folder just in case!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Experienced gamers know all too well that high average fps are worthless when they are accompanied with stutters, random crashes, excessive noise and a limited feature set.

-"GPU Pro", 2022