NiceHash is a virus?

Space646
Go to solution Solved by Helpful Tech Witch,

No.

Malware services see a miner and mark it as a virus because of viruses that use miners.

Nicehash and the asociated mining algos are not a virus, youd get the same thign if you directly downloded a miner.

I made a Malwarebytes malware scan because windows defender was detecting 2 virus the whole time. the first was a trojan and the second was a downloader. Now malwarebytes detects literally every single program from NiceHash and NiceHash QuickMiner. Both were downloaded from nicehash.com. In the detected malware there was 8 times something with nicehash and one that is this other virus. Should I delete NiceHash? some are marked as malware and some are marked as RiskWare. What should I do?

Edit: For now I turned all the detections to the quarantine

No.

Malware services see a miner and mark it as a virus because of viruses that use miners.

Nicehash and the asociated mining algos are not a virus, youd get the same thign if you directly downloded a miner.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Miners install similar software onto your pc that some viruses do, in order to steal your pc power for mining. Antivirus programs can't tell the difference between the two so they mark the Nicehash miner as a virus. If u have installed it from the official website u don't need to worry about it being a virus and u can whitelist it in your antivirus software so it ignores that specific program.