DLDSR

Redrumm
Go to solution Solved by Yeagdrasil,

The DSR portion of DLDSR is meant for when you have room to render the display at higher resolution than the screen can output (in your case more than 4k) and size it down to the screen.
Making it

Render higher than screen -> downsize the oversized render back to output resolution -> display the resized render

The DL portion of DLDSR is meant the help the "downsize the oversized render back to output resolution" process because traditionally that was additional delay and processing, where the DLDSR will simply let the tensor core of the RTX cards handle the process to free up gpu processing power.

What you want is DLSS because DLSS can take 720p or 1080p processed output and stretch to larger (like 1440p or 4k) screen without looking ugly.

DLDSR only benefits if you have powerful enough gpu that you GPU had more room to render more detail/higher resolution than your screen can take.

I'm playing in 1080p on a 4k TV. What would happen if enable this? Does it scale it up to 1440? Is there any point of me enabling this if I'm only gaming at 1080p?

The DSR portion of DLDSR is meant for when you have room to render the display at higher resolution than the screen can output (in your case more than 4k) and size it down to the screen.
Making it

Render higher than screen -> downsize the oversized render back to output resolution -> display the resized render

The DL portion of DLDSR is meant the help the "downsize the oversized render back to output resolution" process because traditionally that was additional delay and processing, where the DLDSR will simply let the tensor core of the RTX cards handle the process to free up gpu processing power.

What you want is DLSS because DLSS can take 720p or 1080p processed output and stretch to larger (like 1440p or 4k) screen without looking ugly.

DLDSR only benefits if you have powerful enough gpu that you GPU had more room to render more detail/higher resolution than your screen can take.

actually, since you have a 4k tv… im not sure, but typically down sampling is meant for lower res screens, and also this will still require more power than 1080p so your gpu might not be able to keep up.

tldr, DSR has been until now super niche (i use it regularly tho) and i doubt this will change with DLDSR, mostly because most people dont even seem to know what it is.

BASICALLY: if you wanted to benefit from this you'd need to set ingame res *above* 4k, then downsample (yes, thats a word) to your screens native res (of 4k)

What GPU do you have?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

52 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

actually, since you have a 4k tv… im not sure, but typically down sampling is meant for lower res screens, and also this will still require more power than 1080p so your gpu might not be able to keep up.

tldr, DSR has been until now super niche (i use it regularly tho) and i doubt this will change with DLDSR, mostly because most people dont even seem to know what it is.

BASICALLY: if you wanted to benefit from this you'd need to set ingame res *above* 4k, then downsample (yes, thats a word) to your screens native res (of 4k)

What GPU do you have?

Ah thx for the information guys,  I'm running a 2070.

2 minutes ago, Redrumm said:

Ah thx for the information guys,  I'm running a 2070.

i see, well if its a game with very low requirements, you could try, but its really not meant for 4k screens, more like 1080p and below would benefit most from this.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity