Best 1440p 27in with HDR and a KVM?

dimforest

I know the M27Q exists and honestly, I might just settle and get that but I was curious if there were any "better" monitors in that same space? I know the price is unbeatable on the M27Q but that's not a huge deal as I'd be willing to drop more money on a "better" monitor if one exists that has a KVM and HDR support.

I say "better" because I know that can be highly subjective. 

Do you want real HDR or a monitor that can accept an HDR signal but doesn't provide HDR experience? For real HDR, the AOC Agon AG274QXM is probably a good choice. 

44 minutes ago, rickeo said:

LTT or one of the other channels just did a video on what yesterday, actually. 

https://pixiogaming.com/products/px277-pro

Coincidentally enough, I just watched that video today haha. The downsides to that particular monitor are the fact that it's not available yet (end of March or early April) and it's from Pixio... a brand I've never heard of until today 😛

10 hours ago, Alvin853 said:

Do you want real HDR or a monitor that can accept an HDR signal but doesn't provide HDR experience? For real HDR, the AOC Agon AG274QXM is probably a good choice. 

How did i miss this monitor so far? It actually seems like a great choice. There are no reviews from the big reputable sources like HUB and RTINGS even thought this has been out for months it seems, but a >500 dimming zone 170Hz 1440p monitor sounds almost too good to be true! And there is even a 240Hz variant coming. Damn, AOC really stepped it up and somehow managed to completely miss someone like me who is normally all over new monitors like these.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

How did i miss this monitor so far? It actually seems like a great choice. There are no reviews from the big reputable sources like HUB and RTINGS even thought this has been out for months it seems, but a >500 dimming zone 170Hz 1440p monitor sounds almost too good to be true! And there is even a 240Hz variant coming. Damn, AOC really stepped it up and somehow managed to completely miss someone like me who is normally all over new monitors like these.

Yeah I don't know how this one hasn't been receiving any attention so far, it looks great on paper. I saw it pop up in a shop I frequently browse and it got me curious, but there are no reputable reviews so far, seems availability is very poor. It got released 3 months ago, but apparently not many units are being shipped, so they might not have review samples available, no need to spend marketing budget when all units are selling anyway.