I need to buy a new GPU. What should I look for?

Invincible Sugar

Hi. I need a new GPU. I don't want to buy from a scalper or buy used, I am tired of having issues and not having a warranty or easy way to return/replace.

I don't care about price/performance, I just need more monitors and if it happens to be good for games I might play Garry's Mod on it, if not that's fine, I really don't care at this point. I just want a GPU that's in stock at a normal store for MSRP, literally nothing else matters as long as it can output at least 3 monitors. What models should I look for? Thanks!

My only advise is encouraging you that is very easy to get a GPU at near MSRP with some work. Check out Falcodrin on Twitch. BestBuy stocks almost weekly, Microcenter usually has stock in store too. New Egg Shuffle. 

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Search for NerdSpeak Discord, join, sign up for notifications and act on those notifications immediately. I've managed 3 cards at MSRP from Best Buy using that Discord. 

1 minute ago, mr fobs said:

My only advise is encouraging you that is very easy to get a GPU at near MSRP with some work. Check out Falcodrin on Twitch. BestBuy stocks almost weekly, Microcenter usually has stock in store too. New Egg Shuffle. 

Thanks! But are there specific models not as useful for mining that would be more likely to be in stock? 

2 minutes ago, Invincible Sugar said:

Thanks! But are there specific models not as useful for mining that would be more likely to be in stock? 

Unforchunately no. Anything right now that is worth its beans in gaming is OOO. If you want a GPU, you have to first figure out what gaming performance you want, then figure out the card you want, then figure out its actual MSRP, then figure out when the stores I mentioned stock. Falcodrin/nerdspeak helps with the last part.

I have gotten 4. Usually takes 1-4 weeks to nab one.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Just now, mr fobs said:

Unforchunately no. Anything right now that is worth its beans in gaming is OOO. If you want a GPU, you have to first figure out what gaming performance you want, then figure out the card you want, then figure out its actual MSRP, then figure out when the stores I mentioned stock. Falcodrin helps with the last part.

Right, ok, if I forget about gaming and just want more monitors? Most LTT videos throw shade at those very basic cards but I'm already using my iGPU and that's maxed out, I just need more monitors right now and if i could game, that'd be a bonus. If it's under $200 I don't even care, I can buy it now for the monitors, and replace with a better "gamer" card some time later. As it is I can't even use my computer properly without some kind of card...

If you just want more monitors then you could go with something like used gtx 960 (4Gb) to a 9080. I know 960 4gbs go for less than $80 on ebay and still have some gaming potential.

If you want something newer, a gt 1030 (DDR5) or renewed ft 710 would be fine.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

5 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

If you just want more monitors then you could go with something like used gtx 960 (4Gb) to a 9080. I know 960 4gbs go for less than $80 on ebay and still have some gaming potential.

If you want something newer, a gt 1030 (DDR5) or renewed ft 710 would be fine.

I really want a warranty, I have gone used 4 times before and all 4 died within 6 months, I'm tired of that. Presumably renewed would have some warranty, I can look into that. thank you!

If games aren't a concern, Quadro K1200's are ~$125's on ebay and have 4x mini-DP ports that are capable of 4K@60 each. You'd just need a handful of cheap adapters. Absolutely no warranty but it'll get 4 monitors up and running quickly.

image.png.20c4a7c70ac16a477ef067401e67a093.png

3 hours ago, rickeo said:

If games aren't a concern, Quadro K1200's are ~$125's on ebay and have 4x mini-DP ports that are capable of 4K@60 each. You'd just need a handful of cheap adapters. Absolutely no warranty but it'll get 4 monitors up and running quickly.

image.png.20c4a7c70ac16a477ef067401e67a093.png

I appreciate this, but I need to buy new from a normal store. My last 4 cards that died were all used on eBay and I'm done. I'll look around for this though, it might be in stock somewhere other than eBay. Thank you! 

5 minutes ago, Invincible Sugar said:

I appreciate this, but I need to buy new from a normal store. My last 4 cards that died were all used on eBay and I'm done. I'll look around for this though, it might be in stock somewhere other than eBay. Thank you! 

You can buy one new for $340. Even comes with adapters. https://www.amazon.com/PNY-NVIDIA-Quadro-K1200-VCQK1200DP-PB/dp/B00UPHAT2C

I wouldn't though, for a 7y/o GPU.