Steering Wheel Scalping! What fun!!!

DANK_AS_gay
Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
1 minute ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

No, not even close. that's why I didn't consider it.

I can't go to Game Stop on this computer, work computer, but looks like they might have it in stock.

As far as the 920, looks like it's been supersceded.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/driving/g923-trueforce-sim-racing-wheel.html 

I am trying to find a steering wheel for around 300$, with force feedback, and pedals. The Logitech G920 checks all of those boxes perfectly, until you find out that it's out of stock everywhere, and being sold at 500$ on Amazon. I can't catch a break. I buy the Xbox Series S because it isn't being scalped, can't get a gaming pc, can't get the Series X instead, can't get a PS5 or 4 for that matter, even if I wanted to. Can't get a f*cking car to get to work without losing feeling in my fingers (got thick a$$ Carhartt gloves, my fingers have feeling now, but mostly biting pain). Can't go go-kart racing because it's 20$ a race, races are 8 mins each, max of 2 races a day, so I figured I would get a wheel. Getting ready to go out into the real world on the verge of an economic crysis (haha) of the scale no-one has seen since the Great Depression (looking at you 2008 recession) sucks a$$. 

Rant aside, I really want to get a wheel (by wheel, I mean the whole shebang, pedals, wheel, and the motor thing), but the only options seem to be 1000$ or bust. I can't afford that, and I am most certainly not going to ask for that for my birthday.

Must haves: Force Feedback (doesn't have to be DD, just has to have force feedback), paddle shifters (I ain't buying an external shifter just to use the thing), pedals (same as before) Less than 300$.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, DANK_AS_gay said:

How the hell.....

Got a Microcenter near you?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Got a Microcenter near you?

They have shipping though, so I can get it delivered.

Edited by DANK_AS_gay

1 minute ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

I can't go to Game Stop on this computer, work computer, but looks like they might have it in stock.

As far as the 920, looks like it's been supersceded.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/driving/g923-trueforce-sim-racing-wheel.html 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Yeah make sure to get the G923, you will never forgive yourself for the shortcomings the G920 has. 😄
(the first has more buttons on the wheel so that with games that support controller input for menu you can do EVERYTHING from the wheel).

Its so much nicer then  my G25 that just has 2 buttons. That Newer wheel has almost a full controller on it, you dont need keyboard and mouse 90% of the time.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah make sure to get the G923, you will never forgive yourself for the shortcomings the G920 has. 😄
(the first has more buttons on the wheel so that with games that support controller input for menu you can do EVERYTHING from the wheel).

Its so much nicer then  my G25 that just has 2 buttons. That Newer wheel has almost a full controller on it, you dont need keyboard and mouse 90% of the time.

A bit more than 300$, but I can work something out. I am aware that more money upfront and having a better experience that will last longer is better than buying something older/cheaper that isn't capable of satisfying your needs or reaching that perhaps unrealistic point you have set in your head as to how the experience will be. (i.e. Buying a $999 "it's so much less than $1000" Macbook Air vs a $600 Ideapad, the Mac will last longer and will feel more worth your money than the Ideapad. I have never thought "I paid $1000 for this? About my MacBook, but I definitely thought "I paid $600 for this piece of shit?" About my Ideapad. ) (sorry about the politics lol)

Just now, DANK_AS_gay said:

A bit more than 300$, but I can work something out. I am aware that more money upfront and having a better experience that will last longer is better than buying something older/cheaper that isn't capable of satisfying your needs or reaching that perhaps unrealistic point you have set in your head as to how the experience will be. (i.e. Buying a $999 "it's so much less than $1000" Macbook Air vs a $600 Ideapad, the Mac will last longer and will feel more worth your money than the Ideapad. I have never thought "I paid $1000 for this? About my MacBook, but I definitely thought "I paid $600 for this piece of shit?" About my Ideapad. ) (sorry about the politics lol)

Thats fine, but if you really want a good cheap wheel maybe look for old stock of G29 or something.
The wheel and pedal parts are great from that line.
The buttons are just extra convenience, you can put your own price on that.

But all in all i still have my over 10 years old G25 and it still works great. Less buttons tho, but meh i dont mind.

1 hour ago, Evolution. said:

what makes the g923 better? if its not too much of a difference im getting the G920

Evidently A. G923 is still being made and not being scalped to insanity (again $500, for a wheel with an MSRP of $250, unless you want to go to Microcenter) B. It's newer, en evidently made of better materials and with better developed drivers and compatibility that comes with experience making wheels. C. It's newer, and thus will be supported for longer.

They make a new model every couple years, whether they need to or not. 😉

For the rest:

Screenshot_52.png

Source: https://www.comparebeforebuying.com/logitech-g923-vs-g920/

Screenshot_53.png