Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC shutting down on power failure even with the Ups

shandonfx
 Share

PC shutdown immediately on power failure or sometimes when dimming (rarely) even with the UPS. most of the time this happened I was playing games. So pc was in somewhat high load. I build this pc last august. So it's pretty new hardware. Even the UPS itself. Mostly I used this pc for gaming 24/7 and I start to notice this issue after a month.

I5 11400f

TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS WIFI

VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X

GAMEMAX 120MM lIQUID COOLER

1TB HARD DISK

250GB nvme

Seasonic S12III 650W

EAST 1200VA UPS

Antec df700 flux casing with 7 casing fans ( not including aio )

 

And i also wants to know is that above ups is enough for my PSU

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you are plugged into the battery backed side of the ups.  Many ups's will have some of the plugs hooked directly to the main power, so when power goes out, they go out also, while the other plugs of the ups will have battery back up.  If you are hooked to the backed up side of the ups, then you may have a bad battery in the ups

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mmk said:

Make sure you are plugged into the battery backed side of the ups.  Many ups's will have some of the plugs hooked directly to the main power, so when power goes out, they go out also, while the other plugs of the ups will have battery back up.  If you are hooked to the backed up side of the ups, then you may have a bad battery in the ups

Is it possible to have bad batteries on a brand new ups?

is it possible that I have bought a bad ups brand ?

And i also wants to know is that above ups is enough for my PSU?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shandonfx said:

Is it possible to have bad batteries on a brand new ups?

is it possible that I have bought a bad ups brand ?

Well, it's possible that they put a lower than what they claim battery inside the ups, that's for sure.
It's also possible that they unknowingly sent / give you ups with old soon to be dead battery.
Also possible that a part or the whole controller system in their ups is broken.

I have a 1200va ups myself.
On normal casual load (my PC is around 200watts including monitor), the ups keeps it on for quite awhile.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shandonfx said:

Is it possible to have bad batteries on a brand new ups?

is it possible that I have bought a bad ups brand ?

And i also wants to know is that above ups is enough for my PSU?

UPS uptime depends on your power usage by the time you have a power outtage, not your PSU.

Me, I hate outtage when doing graphic design.
Soo..., I find out how many watt average my PC uses when I'm doing it
Then I decide how long do I want/need the PC to still be on (to save project or something) when there's outtage.
Then I buy UPS with enough capacity to keep my PC on for that long.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Well, it's possible that they put a lower than what they claim battery inside the ups, that's for sure.
It's also possible that they unknowingly sent / give you ups with old soon to be dead battery.
Also possible that a part or the whole controller system in their ups is broken.

I have a 1200va ups myself.
On normal casual load (my PC is around 200watts including monitor), the ups keeps it on for quite awhile.

Looks like I have a faulty UPS or bad one. RMA takes forever so I will have to buy new ups. 

These are the available ups in my country at the moment at least it's what I can find. PROLINK UPS PRO1201SFC or DCP 1200VA 2.0 LINE INTERACTIVE UPS( Most common and well-known brands here.) 

Can you suggest me?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shandonfx said:

Looks like I have a faulty UPS or bad one. RMA takes forever so I will have to buy new ups. 

These are the available ups in my country at the moment at least it's what I can find. PROLINK UPS PRO1201SFC or DCP 1200VA 2.0 LINE INTERACTIVE UPS( Most common and well-known brands here.) 

Can you suggest me?

 

I'm using Prolink 1201 SFCU right now.
Since it's one of the best option in terms of budget UPS in my country (Indonesia)

At the very least their customer service is good enough for me.
Again, that's me and my country. Yours, idk.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I'm using Prolink 1201 SFCU right now.
Since it's one of the best option in terms of budget UPS in my country (Indonesia)

At the very least their customer service is good enough for me.
Again, that's me and my country. Yours, idk.

Thanks for the help I was also thinking about Prolink UPS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there another sticker on that UPS with the manufacturing date? It's not unheard of that equipment sits in a warehouse for a prolonged amount of time. UPS's typically use sealed lead acid batteries that will degrade overtime. If it sat in a box for a long period of time with flat batteries that can definitely do it. If you contact customer support they may be able to send you the battery to replace yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Founders said:

ticker on that UPS with the manufacturing date? It's not unheard of that equipment sits in a warehouse for a prolonged amount of time. UPS's typically use sealed lead acid batteries that will degrade overtime. If it sat in a box for a long period of time with flat batteries that can definitely do it. If you contact customer support they may be able to send you the battery to replace yourself. 

There is a sticker. 2021 April.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shandonfx said:

There is a sticker. 2021 April.

That's 4 months from the time of purchase (roughly). The battery could have already been a month or two old from the manufacturing date. If the battery was sitting on empty for a few months then it could have been in really rough shape by the time you got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely you may have received  a defective unit.  I only buy APC brand ups's so am not familiar with the brands you mentioned.  As for shelf life, they should be able to sit on the shelf for quite some time before the batteries will go bad.  I have purchased units that were over a year old when I got them and they worked fine.  (all mine are 1500 VA)  One of my ups's is close to 10 years old and still works fine, though I have had to replace the batteries a couple of times on it as the batteries usually will last only 3-5 years before requiring replacement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×