only black screen after power loss.

JimmyHackers

an electrician changed my houses electric meter today.

i was alseep when it was done so my pcs were turnd off incorrectly (straight power loss)

one of my pcs, will turn back on but only to a black screen. no bios, no mouse icon, no beeps etc.

ive disconnected hd and ram to no avail or bios beeps....

checked my psu with a tester and its fine....

kinda not sure what to do now.....

help plz!!!

8 minutes ago, JimmyHackers said:

an electrician changed my houses electric meter today.

i was alseep when it was done so my pcs were turnd off incorrectly (straight power loss)

one of my pcs, will turn back on but only to a black screen. no bios, no mouse icon, no beeps etc.

ive disconnected hd and ram to no avail or bios beeps....

checked my psu with a tester and its fine....

kinda not sure what to do now.....

help plz!!!

So you have tried one stick of RAM and multiple sticks in the main slot correct?

My first guess is MB problem.

Clear your CMOS and I would hold down the power button with everything unplugged to drain any residual power on the board at least 30 seconds

Then try reseating the CPU.

I would even try unseating any peripherals and fans. I have seen fans cause power issues I kid you not.

If all that fails try a different CPU in there. If that fails and you want to double verify it's the MB then try your system with only a different MB after. If it works it's a MB

its a weird problem....its seems like its out putting to the wrong output and sending another duff signal to the monitor.

its got 2x 1080tis in it so im not sure if its playing muscial chairs with the 8 video outs i have.

if i mash ctrl+alt+del the montior will lose signal for a moment.

im going to have a look through my cable draw,see if its decided to choose the wrong output.

much faffing later.

found two puffed (asia'x brand) 16v capacitors in the power supply.... removed/replaced. puffed ones were tested and still functional though.

problem not solved.

turned out for some reason my pc/gpu only likes the dvi-d output now, and none of the others.

turns out windows 7 doesn't like using hdmi or display ports when its gone into automatic repair mode.

things back up and running again so all good, ill leave it on dvi-d for fututre occasions, thanks for the help

p.s. i would go to windows 10 but mobo is so old now that most of its driver/utilites only work with windows 7