New to Windows 10, gimme some tips/advice

MkJr

So i've decided to switch from 8.1 to 10 since i got an SSD
tell me what services is should disable, setting to change or anything to do to make the experience better and not to suck my limited resources.
Any small tip is appreciated 😄

We dont need to write out a new guide here as there are plenty of guides/scripts out there for debloating windows 10.

6 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

We dont need to write out a new guide here as there are plenty of guides/scripts out there for debloating windows 10.

would you care to link my some of them guides?

Expert tip: Linux. lol

For any window's machine I have, I generally just disable anything I see fit to in the settings/privacy in the slider in apps and permissions and manually uninstall stuff I don't want, which takes time unfortunately, but only with the few win10 machines I have, it's generally fine.

There is a program out there that should auto do all this, but I can't vouch for its authenticity. here's another ghub one. https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater you can also disable some services with powershell, be very carful with the options tho lol, I accidentally super broke one of my laptops by adding the * parameter that apparently didn't apply after my directory path even though it was specified after my path... So I was trying to remove everything in the directory with the parameters I specified, but it applied it to my main C:/ drive... that went lovely.

Honestly, I would generally avoid the debloater scripts and guides, or at the very least be very careful when using them. Do it wrong and you can easily break core components of the OS.

8 hours ago, MkJr said:

So i've decided to switch from 8.1 to 10 since i got an SSD
tell me what services is should disable, setting to change or anything to do to make the experience better and not to suck my limited resources.
Any small tip is appreciated 😄

Your "limited resources" far exceed mine, and I run Windows 11.

I have a Core i7 930 with 6GB of RAM. Runs perfectly fine with default settings.

All you are doing, if just playing with fire with random scripts online. Many of them tend to break your experience, and then you get to do like many that are doing this: blame your issues on Windows, when its person that broke the OS.

This includes failed updates, or broken experiences. For example, a popular action that was done, was to remove the Store (why?! anyways). No Store, no Windows components being updated, leading to disconnect between OS updates and what is expected, leading you to issues. Like how some people upgraded to Windows 11, but was stuck with Windows 10 taskbar and other elements, and things failing left and right, and then, worse, they are very vocal about it, when its their own doing, and wastes everyone's time.

If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it. Especially that many "advice" on "optimizing" Windows, are just myths (or provide no benefits beside saving a few MB's of drive space... yay?!... are you running Windows on a 16GB drive? no? So who cares!)

Anyways, that is my advice to you