PC does not turn on - dead PSU?

CookieTheLabrador

Hi, 

I woke up this morning to my PC not turning on. I turned it off through Windows hibernate and tried to turn it back on and the PSU just kept clicking with no sign of the computer turning on. I've taken apart the entire thing except for the CPU and the GPU. The PSU fan doesn't spin up as well which I'm guessing is a sign of a dead PSU. The lights on the motherboard turn on but nothing past that. The RGB fans do not turn on as well. Open to any solutions but I'm guessing the PSU is dead.

Specs:

5600x on B550i Strix - NZXT X53 240mm Rad

32GB - 3200MHz RAM

SF750

1TB WD Black

Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC Non-LHR

Keen to hear what you all think but I'm guessing dead PSU

Well if the lights on the motherboard are turning on then there's some power coming through. It could be lose cables causing a short or it could be just dead. But since you've already taken it apart and put it back I would guess it isn't a short.

10 minutes ago, Zomeguy said:

Well if the lights on the motherboard are turning on then there's some power coming through. It could be lose cables causing a short or it could be just dead. But since you've already taken it apart and put it back I would guess it isn't a short.

my thoughts exactly, looks like the PSU will need to be replaced ASAP

29 minutes ago, CookieTheLabrador said:

Hi, 

I woke up this morning to my PC not turning on. I turned it off through Windows hibernate and tried to turn it back on and the PSU just kept clicking with no sign of the computer turning on. I've taken apart the entire thing except for the CPU and the GPU. The PSU fan doesn't spin up as well which I'm guessing is a sign of a dead PSU. The lights on the motherboard turn on but nothing past that. The RGB fans do not turn on as well. Open to any solutions but I'm guessing the PSU is dead.

Specs:

5600x on B550i Strix - NZXT X53 240mm Rad

32GB - 3200MHz RAM

SF750

1TB WD Black

Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC Non-LHR

Keen to hear what you all think but I'm guessing dead PSU

I had a similar issue for a long time and it wouldn't boot when put to sleep mode. Make sure your BIOS Flashback button isn't stuck on the IO shield. Mine was off just very slightly but enough to continue pushing the BIOS flashback button down and preventing it to boot. All lights on the motherboard were on as well.

On 1/25/2022 at 1:34 AM, Naijin said:

I had a similar issue for a long time and it wouldn't boot when put to sleep mode. Make sure your BIOS Flashback button isn't stuck on the IO shield. Mine was off just very slightly but enough to continue pushing the BIOS flashback button down and preventing it to boot. All lights on the motherboard were on as well.

damn it looks like this was the issue. I modded the standoffs a couple of months ago and it looks like the bios flashback button was pushed in all the way. made the spacing better and it's fixed now