Push & pull worth it?

Cronicz
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

Generally, push and pull offers a pretty small increase in performance over just pull or push. The gap is most prominent on a 120mm or 140mm AIO, but on a 240mm or larger AIO, especially with a Ryzen 8 core CPU, that amount of airflow over such a large surface area is kind of excessive.

Is it worth doing a push & pull configuration on a front mounted aio? i got a 5800x

Generally, push and pull offers a pretty small increase in performance over just pull or push. The gap is most prominent on a 120mm or 140mm AIO, but on a 240mm or larger AIO, especially with a Ryzen 8 core CPU, that amount of airflow over such a large surface area is kind of excessive.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

ok, tysm

29 minutes ago, Cronicz said:

Is it worth doing a push & pull configuration on a front mounted aio? i got a 5800x

There is a push/pull use as noise reduction in some but not most situations.  That’s about it though.  The deal is the noise curve on fans is not flat. There’s a sort of hook in the low end. Sometimes if you’ve got something just outside this hook you can pull it back in with a second fan, and thus you can actually reduce total noise by adding a fan, so it’s done, but not often.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.