My fps took a dip after upgrading cpu?

Arious

my mobo is a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II, my GPU is a GTX 1650 Super. I had a ryzen 5 3500 from a cheap prebuilt and repurposed it in my custom built rig. I upgraded it recently to a Ryzen 7 5800x and since then I feel like my rig has not performed as well. I did a benchmark on Rise of the Tomb Raider and the outcome was an average of (around) 30 fps and peaking 45 fps. I just tried updating bios and no change. 

What are some things I can try out>?

30 minutes ago, Arious said:

I did a benchmark on Rise of the Tomb Raider and the outcome was an average of (around) 30 fps and peaking 45 fps

Did you benchmark your build with the last CPU before and if so were the scores higher? I also recomend@Quackers101 idea of checking temps. If the temps are poor and the chip is thermal throttling you could try removing and reattaching the CPU cooler with new thermal paste to check that nothing was wrong there. Start with those steps and let us know what happens.

1 hour ago, HeroRareheart said:

Did you benchmark your build with the last CPU before and if so were the scores higher? I also recomend@Quackers101 idea of checking temps. If the temps are poor and the chip is thermal throttling you could try removing and reattaching the CPU cooler with new thermal paste to check that nothing was wrong there. Start with those steps and let us know what happens.

ill try that tomorrow!  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Arious said:

ill try that tomorrow!  Thank you!

Check temps, if ok, then reinstall windows. Might be optimization for 3500. Install drivers manually. I would also consider installing windows while offline to avoid automatic driver installation. You can download the latest version of win 10 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Using "Create Windows 10 installation media".

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Update BIOS if there's an update available. Then, what cooler are you using? You just went from 65W to 105W CPU, 62% increase in thermal output, so it might hurt quite a bit. Check temps under artificial load and, if they are over 80 C, show us your cooler and airflow.