Exchange X370 to B450

ruffpl

I have pc that I build 2 years ago (for office, music production and future gaming/ if those times will come) with corsair water cooled AMD 1800X on Asus Prime 370 Pro. For me is more than enough because I use only one slot for old gpu, nvme for system (data is on home server) cpu is set on 4000MHz and can not pass 3200 on ddr4 (4x8GB). Just bought occasionally small Corsair Crystal case but I need to change mobo to micro ATX. Do you think it willl be a good option to exchange Asus x370 to Asrock B450m? In future I would like to buy used Ryzen 5900 (or something similar ( asus does not support it) and some better gpu. Is there something I will regret or I should look for some other solution?

You could probably go for a 5800x and B550M board. That way you'll at least have PCIE 4.0 if you intend on putting a newer GPU in later.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

35 minutes ago, Darkwing Drex said:

You could probably go for a 5800x and B550M board. That way you'll at least have PCIE 4.0 if you intend on putting a newer GPU in later.

But does it support Ryzen 1800x?  

No. You'd have to get them together. If you need a new board right now only 350, 370, 450, and 470 chipset boards will work with an 1800x. Recommend saving up and getting the 5xxx series CPU and a new board altogether.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.