Gaming lagging when another PC is downloading (limited)

Bazim

Hello guys,

I have a problem. I have two gaming PC's in my home. When I start downloading something on my first computer (I limited my download speed to 20 MB/s - from my ISP I have 35 MB/s speed) then on other computer the online games starts lagging really bad.

Why is that if I am using only like 60-65 % of my speed and the remaining 15 MB/s should be enough for gaming.

My router is Asus TUF-AX5400 and nothing is plugged in that gaming port. 

What happens when you plug the gaming one in with an ethernet cable?

Have you verified you can actually get those ISP speeds using ookla speed test? Remember you are not just capped by your ISP, but whatever server you access for file transfer etc. and what speed it sends data.

While does seem like a powerful router, but if your gaming system only has say WiFi 5, you won't benefit from wifi 6 speeds. 
And if a bunch of other devices are connected (just guessing) then you are only going to get a small portion of that speed, not to mention the distance from the router effects speeds and latency.

Ofcourse I am not on Wifi 🙂 I am using wifi only on mobile devices. Both PC's are connected via ethernet cable. Yes I am gettings like 280 Mbps speeds on measurement websites. That is why it is just wierd for me. I limited myself, but still if I downloading with 60% of my speed, the second PC in games still get lags.

Why?