New SSD Not Showing Up

TrophyPete

EDIT:

Is it possible I just got a faulty drive?  I just took out my existing M.2 and put the new one in its place with the intention to just install windows on the new drive.  The new drive still wasn't detected by the BIOS.

Original post:

Good day.  I just received and installed my new Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe SSD and I can't seem to get it to show up / be detected at all.

I have updated the BIOS already and even did a fresh Windows install (which I was planning anyway, so may as well do it now).  My original SSD (boot drive) is fine and my HDD is still detected - I just can't get the new one to show up at all.

The attached screen grab shows my device manager screen with the 2 older drivves detected, plus a bunch of PCIE errors - I'm not smart enough with this stuff to know what that all means!

For reference, I'm using an ASUS ROB B560-A MB with a i7-10700KF.

The "new" m2 drive is intalled in the "Gen4 M.2" slot right below the CPU and I'm sure it's in properly - I've taken it out and put it back in a couple times, each time going very smoothly/easily.

What am I missing here and what should I do next?  Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

mmc_52ZwLyTQ2K.png

11 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Ok - that's done. Any next steps?  Doesn't seem like anything changed.

Sorry for being a pain - I've just never run up against something like this before - maybe I've just been lucky up until now!

11 hours ago, TrophyPete said:

Ok - that's done. Any next steps?  Doesn't seem like anything changed.

Sorry for being a pain - I've just never run up against something like this before - maybe I've just been lucky up until now!

For reference, I'm using an ASUS ROB B560-A MB with a i7-10700KF.

The "new" m2 drive is intalled in the "Gen4 M.2" slot right below the CPU and I'm sure it's in properly - I've taken it out and put it back in a couple times, each time going very smoothly/easily.

image.png.cb5c2fcb70c47a15fe7d626d2bd99dbe.png

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

image.png.cb5c2fcb70c47a15fe7d626d2bd99dbe.png

I think TrophyPete said he took his old working m.2 ssd out of the slot and put a new one in its place and it’s not being detected is what he’s saying so with the old m.2 ssd it worked

Your poor bugger, you just bought this motherboard too.....

These are your options:

New motherboard again.

A Crappy 11th gen CPU.

Sell your CPU and mobo and move to 12th gen.

Stop using the 660p and use the new ssd.

Install the ssd into a pcie adapter card - best option. 

71UoAFS9pRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

3 minutes ago, chudtopia said:

I think TrophyPete said he took his old working m.2 ssd out of the slot and put a new one in its place and it’s not being detected is what he’s saying so with the old m.2 ssd it worked

I doubt this is the case, might need to reset cmos or something. The top slot does not function with this CPU.